ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK2 PH2 Boot Soleniod

Hi there,

Hope someone can help me I have searched the forum and can not find any information about the installation of a boot soleniod.

I have had my boot completley smoothed bar the number plate recess and ideally would like advise on components and installation.

The car is an 04 182 I intend to run a 12v feed the cabin area as oppose to using the real wiper wires as I know its an accident waiting to happen. Should I do it directly from the ignition or from the loom and if so which wire?

I am also unsure about how it should be mounted to the boot?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
i just wired a power wire off the cigarette lighter all the way to the boot solenoid, earth it off my amplifier earth distribution block, and wired in a switch on the dash/

Cheers mate did you install the soleniod also? also how much did it set you back flushing the doors and quater panels? looks mint.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Thats my old Clio, I had alot done at once it cost about £7,000 inc the respray. Dont smooth anything lol!

I didnt install a solenoid, i disconnected the stock one from the car loom and used that.

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
i wasn't aware of any solenoid in a clio which could be used to open the boot.

All 4 of mine have had a button only.