ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK2 Rear Speakers

1.2 16v
Hi guys,
Sorry if this is a stupid question. But do standard Mk2's have rear speakers? No sound is coming from the back of the car, so is this because their arnt any, or do i have to change something on the cd player?

Thanks

Morgan

1.2 16v
Its fine , I checked. There are no speakers :dapprove:

Can i just buy speakers and wire them up ?

Thanks

Morgan

1.2 16v
I had a feel around under the cover, there is something running along the bottom , but not sure if its wires. Would the wires be loose and basically in position?

BMW M135i
They should be in loose if there in there. Probably not then. For the benefit rear speakers would give you (very little) its not worth bothering with the wiring to run them off the standard headunit.

If they were amped then it would be easy enough to add them.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Mine was taped up to that loom you can feel, feel for a plug but the speakers as most of them have wires coming out the head unit for them.

1.2 16v
Right cool ;) , i'll have a look.

If the wires are their, do i just buy speakers and wire them up?

If so, what kind of speakers? I dont wanna get involved with amps and stuff. I just want standard speakers.

Thanks for ur help!

Mk2 ph1 clio
10cm speakers... Il use this thread rather than start a new one.

I have thought about the same thing recently after valeting the car and finding these pods.. I was able to pop them off and gain access to what feels like the wheel arch with the soundproofing? But I Can't find any wires anywhere.. SO!

I plan on having some ambient noise from the rear because atm it just sounds plain coming from the fronts.

This is the headunit i have atm..
http://jvcmobile.co.uk/product.php?pr=11

I was hoping to run them from here but .. I do have two subs and an amp for the rear.. Would it be better running them from the HU itself .. or using the amp to power them? (the latter seems the easiest option IMO)

Thought id get some advice on this before i jump into it!

Cheers

Barry.