ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 Shell B18ft Transplant

Clio 16v
Hi guys, basicaly i cant find a good enough clio/19 shell for a transplant. In fairness i pretty much despise the mk2 shape, however for the sake of having a clean/rust free shell for a project i am pretty much forced into it. Clean shells can be had for £250-£500. Unless someone on here has a mk1 phase 1 19/clio (would take the phase 2 clio at a push) but wouldn't touch the 19 phase 2.

Anyways, i want to use the volvo/renault engine (b18ft from the 440/480 turbo), reason being i want forced induction and reliability. The option of the f4r is there however, its not my cup of tea and in the greatest respect, the engine has very little in the way of tuning and usualy doesn't make standard power.

Anyone have any info on conversions done similar to above, or am i better holding off to find a clean 19/clio shell for the conversion

Big thanks in advance

ATB Mike

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Are you seriously looking for a genuinely good R19 16v shell for £250-500... LoLz, it'll never happen Mike. Honestly, when was the last time you even saw an R19 16v (Ph1 or Ph2) on the road? The ones that exist still and more importantly that are worth doing anything with are firmly in the hands of the boys on Retro-Renault and the rest are long broken/crushed/scrapped. We broke a ph2 19 up for spares at the beginning of the month as it was my donor car and its floors were shocking as were under the side skirts... something all 19's have in common irregardless of phase. The Mk1 Clio is the same but there are more "okay" ones knocking about still but you really should be looking on clio16valver for those.

Mick

There are Mk1 Clio shells all over the forums, usually just rolling and end up getting scrapped when people dont want them. Bare standard shell wont be worth much with a bit of searching, few hundred quid max... I sold my bare valver shell (caged/painted/rust free) for £1k.

I've done a B18FT conversion for someone in the past, was alright but its still an old old engine. Obviously you need to remove the boost limit, we ran it at 1bar but it wasn't that quick.

Clio 16v
In fairness, im not actualy looking for a 16v shell/valver... i would take any clio/19 that was clean, bare shell or otherwise, I can understand that many our crushed etc, however i havent been on the renault scene in some time. I really would have thought £500 would get me a clean shell/car to base it on.

I know (from previous experience), that the b18ft engine with the "richmod" ecu run around 160-170hp ish, on a healthy engine, however my project is being based on megasxquirt management and a larger turbo circa 200hp, im hoping it will be fairly quick, and reliable.

Certainly more reliable than the low psi valver turbo's anyhow.

Clio 16v
All sorted now, ive sorted a clean R19 cab for conversion, £275 notes, recently painted with clean arches/sills. Its been barry boyed a tad but easily back to standard... Lucky me hurrah :O)

Clio 16v
Thanfully it comes with standard mirrors to replace the m3 shite, the spoiler is an easy reversal,however the bonnet vent may be hard work, the guy reckons bodywise its immaculate, only issue is its been repainted, hoping he knows the exact paint so i can match it for a new bonnet if needs be... Post pics on saturday

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I've just scrapped a mint 449 16v bonet and spoiler to. I think I may have another spoiler in my touring car spares pile though. Has the muppet drilled the rear hatch to fit the rear spoiler?

Clio 16v
Not 100% sure yet mick, Picking it up on saturday, i was under the impression it would have been bonded, however it may have been drilled, or possibly both. Any bits you have lying about that may help me return this to standard drop me a pm about, Come saturday ill be in a better position to say exactly what this is goin to need :-(