ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk3 200 RB

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
So I’m still here but the inferno turbo went a month or 2 ago as I was offered a price I just couldn’t refuse for it.
Jump forward to now and if you’re on my instagram you would know I have been looking for a 330/335i LCI touring manual but trying to find one in spec and budget has proved near on impossible. So I started to look at what I know… clios! 😂
I have found early 200 recaros, akra, Tomtom etc But I am unsure what else to look for on these as I predominantly know 1*2s. I know the front sub frame can rot, I believe TREs can be an issue and the gearbox synchros can be bad with crunches 3rd/4th. Is there anything else to look out for and if anybody is selling up soon hmu!

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
As you say, radiator supports rot, but it's not that expensive to sort out, so don't worry too much about it. Gearbox crunching is pretty standard, but not such a big issue (and an excuse to fit an LSD). Suspension bits are more expensive than a 1*2, as they have the twin-pivot hubs, so worth considering if you're going to be looking at a refresh. I think AWM quoted 500-or-so to replace the swivel joints, but someone else will confirm. Air con compressors can die, Recaro seats suffer wear and, if it's keyless, the card sensor can play up.

Overall, they're a bit more expensive to maintain than a 1*2, but not too bad. I refreshed most of the suspension on mine and it was pretty reasonable.

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
As you say, radiator supports rot, but it's not that expensive to sort out, so don't worry too much about it. Gearbox crunching is pretty standard, but not such a big issue (and an excuse to fit an LSD). Suspension bits are more expensive than a 1*2, as they have the twin-pivot hubs, so worth considering if you're going to be looking at a refresh. I think AWM quoted 500-or-so to replace the swivel joints, but someone else will confirm. Air con compressors can die, Recaro seats suffer wear and, if it's keyless, the card sensor can play up.

Overall, they're a bit more expensive to maintain than a 1*2, but not too bad. I refreshed most of the suspension on mine and it was pretty reasonable.
Thanks for that 👍🏻
Get a meglio, you'll be selling it before valentines otherwise.
Really? How you finding your 200??

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Really? How you finding your 200??
I like it, it's a nicer place to be than the 182, cup suspension aside that is. But if I'd had a turbo 182 before it I'd probably be disappointed with the performance. I've still not fully explored the full potential of it though as I think I've just about weeded out all the issues and now need to get to fixing them all!

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Push the budget to a 250 at the very least. MK2 Meganes are getting very very hard to get certain bits for now

And when you can get them they're x2 or x5 the price of what they used to be

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
im on my 4th mk3 RS, every time i get rid of one i say NO MORE, absolute money pits. My current 197 has almost bankrupt me and I'm in to deep to get out so im putting up with it, one the right day on the right road its unbeatable, to live with its a nightmare.