ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk3 ap coilovers

I've got the ap's on the car using the brilliant guide on here, with front sat just right , but when I fit them I couldn't get the rear adjuster to sit over the locater under the springs , with them out she sits too low , I literally need the adjuster depth to get it sitting right , am I being daft and got the adjuster in the wrong place? I bought them 2nd hand , but the adjusters never been used , so I'm thinking maybe the rears are wrong and this is why they were never used, just thought I'd ask before I get custom springs made up , any help would be appreciated :)

No such thing as too low ;)

Post a picture of the adjusters and it will help us let you know if there are parts missing or let you know how to fit them.

Haha true , but with the atrocious roads and massive speed bumps surrounding me my car woulndt last two minutes , These aren't mine , there in my mates garage atm , but there the same thing , I'm trying to get them underneath the spring ?
iphone2522.jpg

Oh , me being a tool is the answer there then , does it go In place of the rubber bush thats there ? and is it not meant to sit above level ? I presume it'll just find it's home once the weight of the cars on it ?

LY 182
Erm i cant really remember, i know you need to take that rubber sleeve that slides round the bottom of the spring and put that on the new springs, then the adjusterd sit in the top of the spring against the chassis, they dont go over that locater on the rear axel

Mk3 P1 dymanique 16v
Yee looks about right mate
I had my adjusters at the top and straight away i took them out and let it just sit on the spring but i have my spring the other way round (tighter/fatter end on the bottom)
does it make a difference?
which way is correct?

LY 182
I had my adjusters at the top and straight away i took them out and let it just sit on the spring but i have my spring the other way round (tighter/fatter end on the bottom)
does it make a difference?
which way is correct?

Yep fat end at the bottom is the right way i think! Just noticed that those are upside down, on my KW's ft end went to the bottom anyway.