ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk3 bulb change - information required.

1 Series Coupe
Hai

I have been asked by a mate who is going to buy a Mk3 Clio. He was told by a dealer that if a bulb blows on the front, he needs to take it into Renault and they will change it for him. Apparently it envolves taking off the bumper etc?

Can anyone clarify the situation? Is it another way for the dealer to make money?

Many Thanks

Matt

Scirocco GT 2.0
Hai

I have been asked by a mate who is going to buy a Mk3 Clio. He was told by a dealer that if a bulb blows on the front, he needs to take it into Renault and they will change it for him. Apparently it envolves taking off the bumper etc?

Can anyone clarify the situation? Is it another way for the dealer to make money?

Many Thanks

Matt

Yes.

Evo
Its the nearside bulb that will cause the headache. having the battery box fitted soooooo close behind it theres about enough room for a pair of snipe nosed pliers and its like doing surgery. but it is possible, took me bout 20mins to change the sidelight bulb.

Offside bulb: 2 min DIY job.

2008 Clio 1.2 TCE
yes just wanting to squeeze more money out of you. i relaced my bulbs and, yes it was a pain in the arse but saved some money.

when i did it, it involved a lot of squeezing,pulling,swearing and cut hands lol

fogs lights re the worse, had to remove the wheel and the inner guard to gain acces to it.

Clio 172 Flame Red
I took the bumper off.. 10 bolts i think 20 min job but for the fogs, on the bottom of the bumper there ar 2 removable flaps to get the bulbs out. easy! no need to take it to the stealers for a bulb change lol