ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk3 bump strip removal

mk3 dyn s
how do i take bump strips off my mark 3 not sure if they just clip off but dont wna brake any thing and are the rear bump stips the same to get off thanks

MK3 PH2 1.2
I'm in the process of re-fitting mine, waiting for the paint to dry, the back ones are simple pull off but you might need to get yourself some replacement clips but you can get them online or local motor shop. Got mine at 20p each from my local ;). With the front it's a different matter, you've got to slide it towards the back of the car, but before that you need to get the side indicator out give it a bit of a tug and once its dangling there ;) you just twist the bulb out. Hope this helps.

Smolex

MK3 PH2 1.2
You can try and get them off without breaking but would be very difficult, replacement clips cost pennies so i wouldn't worry.

Clio 3 1.2 TCE
On my mk3 ph1 theres a torx20 on the inside of the door covered by a grommet. This has to be taken out carefully as so you don't drop it inside the door as I did, remove the side indicator, and the whole thing will effortlessly slide off :) As for the rear ones I can't say as I have a 5 door :(

Hope this helps!

Clio 3 1.2 TCE
There are 6 clips around the bump strip. Use a small long flathead. I've just colour coded mine. I'll try and get some pics up.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk

MK3 PH2 1.2
There are 6 clips around the bump strip. Use a small long flathead. I've just colour coded mine. I'll try and get some pics up.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk

Put tape around the flathead though so not to scratch your paint work :) here mines;

DSCF0582.jpg

Then all done

DSCF0587.jpg