ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK3 Clio Dynamique - Push button start issue

Hi,

My girlfriend's MK3 Clio 1.6 Dynamique has started to make an awful grinding/clattering noise when you first try to start the car and it wont start on the first push (it's got push button start). The second time it fires up without any noise and without issue.

There doesn't appear to be any pattern when the noise happens and it won't start, as sometimes it does it first thing in a morning, but equally when you've just been using it.

Has anyone come across a similar issue or has any idea what the problem might be?

Any help would be appreciated.

Megane dci 130
You would have to remove the starter motor and check the toothed gear that the starter motor meshes with.

If it is worn I'm afraid you will have to remove the gear box and clutch and replace the flywheel and possibly the starter motor.

Is it an automatic?

You would have to remove the starter motor and check the toothed gear that the starter motor meshes with.

If it is worn I'm afraid you will have to remove the gear box and clutch and replace the flywheel and possibly the starter motor.

Is it an automatic?

wow - that sounds expensive!

No, it's a manual. Does that mean it could be something else?

Unfortunately I've not got the skills to start stripping the starter motor off, so i'll probably have to see how it gets on.

Thanks for your help.