ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK3 Facelift Grill Removal

I-Music 1.5 DCi 86
MK3 Facelift Front Bumper Trim Removal

Does anyone have any idea if the front grill(s), number plate mount and the two pieces of plastic trim on either side of the the number plate on a MK3 facelift (2010) can be removed without taking off the bumper? I want them out to give a thorough clean and treat with some trim sealant, but so far I haven't been able to figure out how they come out - I'm hoping that I don't have to take off the front bumper to do this, but I'm willing to do so if necessary. I've got it off the road until Sunday for a massive correction detail. I borrowed this picture from eBay to show you what I mean:

pry1.jpg

In this picture you can see three pieces of plastic still attached to the bumper - one on either side of the number plate mounting point and the area in the middle where the plate actually sits. The two grills are missing from this picture. I want everything off/out. So far I have only been able to remove the piece closest to you in the photo which hides the hole for the towing eye. Any help would be much appreciated!

If it does turn out that I have to remove the bumper, I'll take the diamond out as well and touch up the stone chips with the paint surface sitting horizontal before wetsanding and polishing. It's a bit of a PITA to take the front arch liners etc out to do this though, especially since I just had the wheels off for cleaning on Monday and they're now back on again :p

Last edited:
  GTD, Lupo
If its anything like the 200 bumper they are riveted on. Will almost guarantee its a bumper off job.

I-Music 1.5 DCi 86
Crap, in that case it's a complete no go - I have no drill or rivets here to get it off or back on again. I'm working in the garage at our holiday place so I don't have my own entire garage full of tools, just what I could fit in the back along with my detailing gear to come up here which amounted to my own site box of tools, a couple of socket sets, some jacks, axle stands, wheel brace etc. I might have to leave this until it goes in to get the rear bumper and wing resprayed in August :(