ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk3 First Service

Scirocco GT 2.0
Evening All,

My Mk3 Clio (1.4 Dynamique S) will be 12 months old in about a month and due for its first service (only just done 3000 miles though :( coz I bought it when it was 6 months old with 0 on the clock), i've looked at the online booking system and it says my local dealer will charge £213..

Is £213 about right or are they ripping me off to the max?

Cheers,

Scott

Last edited:

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
i didnt/wont take my car to renault for a service. its far cheaper at the garage down the road from me, and the guy does a good job. no bullshit either. he puts the invoice numbers for the genuine parts in my service book as well just incase there are any issues.

try the same?

Jag Mondeo -Type
I would personally use a main dealer for the first three years. Even though it will cost more, i believe its worth it.

213 seems quite a lot, what does the first service entail?

Scirocco GT 2.0
oh right kl, so if i get it done at a garage that uses proper parts it wont affect my warranty?

Last edited:
  SLK250 CDI
Will basically be oil change and visual check I should imagine. I have a 106bhp dCi and the service due message has come up - local dealer says £233! :|

1 Series Coupe
If the work is done at a garage that uses genuine renault parts, your warranty will still be valid. Ren-o-Tec in Chelmsford, Scott.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
yeah for warranty they need to be vat registered and use manufacturer genuine parts.
i work fo ford and my citroen will be serviced at my work, for a fraction of what citroen charge (circa £260). as far as i see the only thing i'll miss out on in the service is the software updates to the pcm. but i can get those done separately by citroen and still work out cheaper. our manufacturers servicing is pretty cheap, but its the stuff they make you sell on that bumps the cost sky ward, like £5 for disposal of oil and parts, paint and body condition checks every year to keep the anti corrosion warranty valid, and a brake fluid change every 2 years, a air con regas every third. anti-freeze every third or fourth etc etc. it easily racks up.

Scirocco GT 2.0
yeah for warranty they need to be vat registered and use manufacturer genuine parts.
i work fo ford and my citroen will be serviced at my work, for a fraction of what citroen charge (circa £260). as far as i see the only thing i'll miss out on in the service is the software updates to the pcm. but i can get those done separately by citroen and still work out cheaper. our manufacturers servicing is pretty cheap, but its the stuff they make you sell on that bumps the cost sky ward, like £5 for disposal of oil and parts, paint and body condition checks every year to keep the anti corrosion warranty valid, and a brake fluid change every 2 years, a air con regas every third. anti-freeze every third or fourth etc etc. it easily racks up.

thats a point, can that only be done by Renault main dealers?

thats a point, can that only be done by Renault main dealers?

Yep

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I would say this much aswell mate, every car as im sure your aware has a corrosion warranty.

Im pretty sure this is void if you dont get it serviced at a main dealer for like the first 4 services (might even be all of them iirc)?

Scirocco GT 2.0
oh right, well i'm not faffing about taking it to 1 garage for this, and another garage for that.. i'm just gonna grit my teeth and cough up the £213 :(

sounds like it's playing it safe too, I don't want to run the risk of jeopardizing any part of my warranty.

www.renparts.co.uk
with the amount you would save on your first 3/4 services having them done elsewhere you could respray half of the car, the corrosion warranty means hardly anything anyway, it doesn't cover if there is a stone chip in the area, if you take it to the dealer you are crazy imo.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
a paint and body check well with ford, can be done at any time in the warranties term and kind of reactivate the warranty. eg, if you done have it doen for the first 3 years, but in the 4th you get it done it superseeds whats been inspected before. making the previous ones them effectivley just a pieceof paper. but its adds up i mean on a fiesta the warranty is 12 years, so thats baout £120 over its life.
you can get it serviced where ever you want, but the inspections must be carried out by the manufacturers dealer. the corrosion warranty is like a stand alone warranty since the mechanical warranty expires after 3 years.
alot of people dont know exactly what their warranty is.
on ford you have a bumper to bumper warranty with for the first year, or till the first service interval-usually 12.5k (even bulbs are covered for the first year). then you have a mechanical and electrical warranty which lasts for the next 2 years or upto 60k miles.
which means that stuff like your seats, door seals, carpets, trim etc are only covered for a year.

Golf 7R
Mark Fish is where i had my first service, and he is only down the road in Harlow.

Top guy, Superb service!

E30 318iS x2
Mine was £240 and all they did was change oil and a pollen filter (Could've easily done it myself)

Some one else with a 1.2 tce paid almost 300 because they changed the pads too.

I'm taking my new one to Rentech because their prices are just unbeatable.

Clio III 1.2 Turbo SX
I took mine in for its first service last month. 7000miles on the clock had it for a year now. Cost me about 70quid at a bosch garage.

Mégane RS
mine needs doing too, service due sign is annoying as hell, can other places reset it when they service it?

Scirocco GT 2.0
Yep, There is a way of resetting it yourself.

Forgotten what the exact procedure is, something about turning the key while holding buttons.

Someone Confirm?

Scirocco GT 2.0
LOL! I phoned Renault Chelmsford and asked them personally how much they charge for the first service and it was actually £229!! So I said "well.. I can get it much cheaper elsewhere" and they said "oh right, where?" I said "Ren-o-Tec"..

They went through all the bollax saying they weren't a main dealer etc etc

So they said in the end, if you can find out how much they charge, we will try and beat it! so I said "£126" and they then said they could do it for £155!

172, Tiguan
Yep i was quoted between £200 and £240 round here. Ended up paying £180 through a friend discount

A Flamin' Red one
Will basically be oil change and visual check I should imagine. I have a 106bhp dCi and the service due message has come up - local dealer says £233! :|

Unless the MK3 is different to the Mk2 PH2, there is no such thing as a service light. 'SERV' doesn't mean it's service time, it means there is a fault with your car...

172, Tiguan
Sadly wrong, the MK3 has service notification lights!

There is one service light that comes on a month before the service is due, then another comes on when it is actually due. You can turn them off yourself though.

A Flamin' Red one
Unless the MK3 is different to the Mk2 PH2, there is no such thing as a service light. 'SERV' doesn't mean it's service time, it means there is a fault with your car...

Sadly wrong, the MK3 has service notification lights!

There is one service light that comes on a month before the service is due, then another comes on when it is actually due. You can turn them off yourself though.

I stand corrected :approve:

ST
Yeah i thought i did well too with that..i've got a 10% off loyalty card and my old boy knows the service manager pretty well so he sorted me out..

E30 318iS x2
Mine was about that. Some ones Dyamique SX was a touch under 300!

They offered me 10% discount on my service (yawn) I'm taking mine to Rentech, they quoted me £115 all in.

Last edited:
  Scirocco GT 2.0
Evening all,

Service today, went ok I think (even gave it a wash) apart from one thing, they forgot/couldn't be bothered to reset the service indicator, how do I do this??

Funny thing is they ticked it on the service schedule list! Shows how much care and attention they took. lol

Scott

E30 318iS x2
Evening all,

Service today, went ok I think (even gave it a wash) apart from one thing, they forgot/couldn't be bothered to reset the service indicator, how do I do this??

Go onto the milage to service milage option on the trip computer and hold down both buttons that should sort it

Scirocco GT 2.0
where did you take it and how much was it in the end?

LOL! I phoned Renault Chelmsford and asked them personally how much they charge for the first service and it was actually £229!! So I said "well.. I can get it much cheaper elsewhere" and they said "oh right, where?" I said "Ren-o-Tec"..

They went through all the bollax saying they weren't a main dealer etc etc

So they said in the end, if you can find out how much they charge, we will try and beat it! so I said "£126" and they then said they could do it for £155!

Went to Lookers Renault, Chelmsford in the end for £155 after they brought the price down.

Go onto the milage to service milage option on the trip computer and hold down both buttons that should sort it

Managed to work it out in the end, on the Mk3 it is just the top button you hold down on trip "boot up"

Cheers anyway!