ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk3 ph2 197 when?

I've decided as i'll probably never be able to afford a house round here that i'm thinking of wasting my deposit/savings on a new car.

"A 197" how ironic i hear you say seen as though all I ever do is **** them off but it's grown on me and rest assured it WILL have a spoiler.

Anyway the point of this thread was just to find out if anyone knows when the ph2 in the current shape of clio is coming out?? If I do get one prob be on a 58 plate sept? so no rush just don't want to buy one then 6 months later a new shape comes out.

Any good pics of the 197 interior including back seats would be appreciated cheers in advance.

I think you'll regret spending a stack load of house deposit on a car imo.

Have a look at Lee's 197 cup thread. Loads of inside pics on that. And you can have a spoiler.

Yeh I suppose I will but seems a good idea at the mo, just had a look at lee's thread would probably want to get the ff with the cup pack tbh interior much different? Also just specced it up on the Renault website and it's come to 18,500 have a laugh I know the place to go is the renaultsport forums to the dealers on there just wondering what kinda price I should be looking for circa 14000?

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Buy a second hand one, seen a couple of 06 (or I might mean 56) platers for a shade under £10k private now. That's some impressive depreciation right there heh. And they still have plenty of warranty left so you don't miss out on anything by buying private.

The 197 cleaned and debadged thread of the weekend has a lot of inside pics of an R27 - so the same as a FF.

Dan

Buy something other than a 197 tbh

I was thinking what to buy
Corsa Vxr - Drove it at the vxr trackday didn't like the interior
Focus ST - All I ever see is 50+ men driving it nowaday's
Megane - No offence if you own one but i just don't like the look
think it's dated now.
Audi S3 - Really want one but too expensive and I don't want to have a finance/loan etc.

Was thinking of waiting for the new fiesta see what the st/rs version looks like but that's ages away.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Was thinking of waiting for the new fiesta see what the st/rs version looks like but that's ages away.

And it's a 'hot' Fiesta - you just know it'll be slow, with a crap interior heh.

Dan

Shed.
I think you'll regret spending a stack load of house deposit on a car imo.

Have a look at Lee's 197 cup thread. Loads of inside pics on that. And you can have a spoiler.

Eaxcltly. Move to somewhere else, a different country would be a bonus.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
I'm ashamed for saying it, but I could probably be talked into a remapped Corsa VXR. A black one with black wheels. Ok, you'd look a bit of a t**t, but 220-230bhp in something lighter than a 197, it HAS to be entertaining surely! I've read that once lowered as well, they handle really well too.

Dan

cock mobile.
Doesn't matter what time you buy a Renault Sport, 6 months later there is always a different version.

So far.....

197 - R27 - 197 Cup - 197 with Cup Packs.

Yeh it's just I don't want to go get a ph1 then a few months later the ph2 comes out seen as though there was a pretty dramatic change on the mk2 between ph1/2.

Golf R
Doesn't matter what time you buy a Renault Sport, 6 months later there is always a different version.

So far.....

197 - R27 - 197 Cup - 197 with Cup Packs.

yup it's part and parcel of buying a modern day RS

No different with the Meggy either!

Yeh it's not the version im worried about it's the phase tbh they could bring out 10 versions as long as the shape stayed the same lol.

Go for a second hand 197, let someone else take the depraciation hit (unless of course you can get a cracking deal on a new one)

Valver
I have no idea if this is a rule or anything but the way I've seen it is that there has been around 3-4 years generally between each 'newer shape' has come out, with the mk1 ph3 being a bit different but similar. So with the mk3 being released around 2005, I'd guess it would be happening in the next year or so, but I haven't heard anything.

'18 Megane dci
This is the only interior pic I have...

197cupc.jpg