ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK3 RS200 Standard Exhaust and Decat?

Clio RS200 Cup
Morning all,

Id like to get a bit more noise from my clio as I think its a little quiet. Would a decat on the standard exhaust sound like a broken rally car or would it be sound alright? I plan to upgrade the exhaust to a KTEC or Milltek at a later date.

If anyone has done this, Id like to know your thoughts!

Cheers,

​Jonny

E92 325D
Decat is a major pita!

Most opt for centre silencer removal, replacing the centre box with a foot of straight pipe. Youtube it. Search on here about it too. Pros and Cons

Decat is a major pita!

Most opt for centre silencer removal, replacing the centre box with a foot of straight pipe. Youtube it. Search on here about it too. Pros and Cons

Depends on if you do the one in the manifold or the one after. The manifold one, yes, massive pita, the second one, pretty simple. However, if you want a bit more noise, centre silencer is what I've done, and it sounds bang on. Not broken, not stupid loud, just gives a nice rasp.

Clio RS200 Cup
Ah right OK cheers, I shall probably do that. What are your thoughts on a sports cat with standard exhaust? Apologies for all the questions, just wanna make sure the money is well spent!

E92 325D
Yea as said the 200 has two cats. The one in the manifold and one further down the line.

The manifold one is difficult to do and proves hard to map out the flat spot.

Most opt for decat rather than a sports cat as by leaving the one in the manifold, emissions tests are still passable.

Centre box removal is a £40 fix and sounds quite good imo as a cheap stop gap to getting a proper exhaust

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I've got the centre silencer removed from mine & it sounds pretty good, probably as it should have standard IMO.

Sounds epic when the engine is first fired up.

E92 325D
The hassle ive been getting, they'll use ANY excuse lol.

Do you know how hard it has been looking at a set of KW V3 Coilovers everyday since September knowing its too risky to fit them atm?!?

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
The hassle ive been getting, they'll use ANY excuse lol.

Do you know how hard it has been looking at a set of KW V3 Coilovers everyday since September knowing its too risky to fit them atm?!?

Coilovers may be classed as a different story. Exhaust is classed as consumable.