ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK6 Golf GTi Enhancement Detail

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Another small write up with some before and after shots. Really really enjoyable detail, what a lovely car. I know it's only a facelift of the Mk5 but it feels much more modern now.

Befores...

14692743969_5fc33ec7b1_z.jpg
IMG_4336 by gally.., on Flickr

14879372105_3db814f24f_z.jpg
IMG_4337 by gally.., on Flickr

14856386196_07d82b8c38_z.jpg
IMG_4338 by gally.., on Flickr

14692760708_4fb675f9e4_z.jpg
IMG_4339 by gally.., on Flickr

14692685050_6c09284765_z.jpg
IMG_4340 by gally.., on Flickr

14692823727_d2c558d768_z.jpg
IMG_4342 by gally.., on Flickr

14876308511_7a97caa48d_z.jpg
IMG_4343 by gally.., on Flickr

Not bad condition underneath some surface dirt, the main thing was to nip out some light marring and remove the greyness from the paint restoring gloss and the lovely Candy White.

The first thing I noticed was the surface was rather rough, just contaminants really and a lot of Iron/tar. Usually process, wheels are immaculate and clay cloth combined with 500ml of IX sorted the rest. Trialled Hydro2 to help drying, worked so well. Bit expensive mind!

Light polish/cleansing of half the roof left my pad like this...

14879000782_931b328bab_z.jpg
IMG_4344 by gally.., on Flickr

Yeah, luckily I have a good washing system and a few pads!!! Lime Prime partially and rejuvenate followed by EZ creme glaze to finish. LSP was Bilt Hamber finis wax (still love it) and a wipe down with C2V3 as I think it looks simply brilliant on White and my bottle was ready for finishing anyway!

Trims with Dlux and Swisswax seal feed, tyres with megs and wheels with Hydro2 (dry). Glass Spies Hecker panel wipe then Gtechniq G5.

Afters...

14876296921_5bf67e7a2a_z.jpg
IMG_4345 by gally.., on Flickr

14692801447_90a50bb33e_z.jpg
IMG_4347 by gally.., on Flickr

14856341176_aba9866f97_z.jpg
IMG_4348 by gally.., on Flickr

14692645210_dbf0952b19_z.jpg
IMG_4350 by gally.., on Flickr

14876869804_5cc16fca28_z.jpg
IMG_4351 by gally.., on Flickr

14879305445_b26eba9b1c_z.jpg
IMG_4352 by gally.., on Flickr

14878965322_89c71fa0c2_z.jpg
IMG_4354 by gally.., on Flickr

Thanks for looking chaps. May look to try the new CarPro reload once released. See how it looks! Hyrdo2 still awesome, everything it touches it sticks to!!!

RB Clio 182
Looks great.

That hydro 2 sounds great, do you wipe over the area with a wet microfiber when sprayed on?

I havnt used it before, how does it look on plastics/rubbers? Does it bring them back to life?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The exhaust was lightly wiped. Looks like new, Milltek? With grey/black tips. No polishing required. ;)

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Spot on that mate MK6 is a massive improvement on mk5 !
Is hydro really that good ? is there no drying at all with it then ?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Great work as always mate. :)

Funny enough the other day i was thinking when was you going to do another detail. :approve:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Great work as always mate. :)

Funny enough the other day i was thinking when was you going to do another detail. :approve:

Not a great write up etc but i'll get something tasty in again soon. A lot of the nicer cars i'm asked to do owners don't wish them to be posted which is more than fair. They're not really forum/internet people.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
That is a lovely finish... My Bro is picking up a White Leon Cupra soon so may happy to try and copy as best I can your products :)

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Love the MK6! Looks great!

Lol at hydro2 as a drying aid, then polishing off the protection.

Any tips on rejuvenate by machine? I didn't get on with it last time.

Astra VXR NBG ED
Good work, would be better to show slightly more natural shots to finish but good work none the less!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Love the MK6! Looks great!

Lol at hydro2 as a drying aid, then polishing off the protection.

Any tips on rejuvenate by machine? I didn't get on with it last time.

Lots of priming! :eek: Slow working. If i'm honest I just love Lime Prime but it fills more (not always a bad thing) Rejuvenate has a bit more bite. Wish Werkstat Prime/strong worked via machine or easier anyway. Ultimate cleanser!

I was laughing at the £££ being polished off. Hydro2 is a must in the arsenal!

Good work, would be better to show slightly more natural shots to finish but good work none the less!

Lols, yeah thanks for that. If you look at previous threads they're all taken outside. Sadly Noah had just embarked the arc so taking it outside would ave been silly.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Lots of priming! :eek: Slow working. If i'm honest I just love Lime Prime but it fills more (not always a bad thing) Rejuvenate has a bit more bite. Wish Werkstat Prime/strong worked via machine or easier anyway. Ultimate cleanser!

Lols, yeah thanks for that. If you look at previous threads they're all taken outside. Sadly Noah had just embarked the arc so taking it outside would ave been silly.

Rej- makes sense. I found it it to dry out too soon last time.

Prime - god yes! Still the best all out cleanser IMO. Next car I plan to try it with LP as a lube

H2 drying - if Munson did detailing...

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols. Open hose would literally leave no water on the car. Insane.

Prime + LP! Yessss!

I trialled LP + EZ creme on another panel yesterday. Lovely combo. Very slick. Amigo would also work. Sometimes better on their own though.

Astra VXR NBG ED

Oh, I meant in regards to the contrast, looks like it's been upped somewhat! Could just be the lighting!

What does the miltek sound like on these?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Prime + LP! Yessss!

I trialled LP + EZ creme on another panel yesterday. Lovely combo. Very slick. Amigo would also work. Sometimes better on their own though.

I can't get over how much LP just WANTS to work! It never dries out, just keeps going!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the comments guys. Hopefully keep it cleaner for longer also. Love how it looks.

Reload 2014 next on trial! Excited! Thread up today about that one!

Arctic 182
Looks lovely mate, the finish is amazing on that white. Do you do it for friends & family or have you got a business going?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Just friends and family mate. I'd lose the love for it doing it professionally. Not that i'm good enough anyway!

I prefer my own job! ;) I like working on light colours, takes more to get the best out of them.

Arctic 182
Just friends and family mate. I'd lose the love for it doing it professionally. Not that i'm good enough anyway!

I prefer my own job! ;) I like working on light colours, takes more to get the best out of them.

Yeah I can see what you mean, would become a bit of a chore day in day out.
Not that I want to kiss your arse in anyway ;) but you clearly are good enough judging by that golf (& others you've posted) which is why I asked lol.
I need mine enhancing properly, so I can keep up with a decent wash technique and keep it looking perfect. Was going to get a DA but haven't got round to it yet.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Take your time, practice and more importantly spend time researching. I research the s**t out of any product then i'll use it and see if my thoughts are the same as others.

At times my opinions can change even 1 year I might dislike something, then I try it again and it works for me. User error in most cases! Thanks for the kind comments, I do enjoy "detailing" in this capacity. I'd like to spend days doing heavier correction work like I know I can but time is never my friend.

Arctic 182
Take your time, practice and more importantly spend time researching. I research the s**t out of any product then i'll use it and see if my thoughts are the same as others.

At times my opinions can change even 1 year I might dislike something, then I try it again and it works for me. User error in most cases! Thanks for the kind comments, I do enjoy "detailing" in this capacity. I'd like to spend days doing heavier correction work like I know I can but time is never my friend.

I do try & research as much as I can, being on here (& DW) helps a lot. Unlike you I've not used a wide variety of products, but the small selection I have works well. I need to branch out really but it's having the money.

Like most of us I find it quite relaxing, as well as rewarding obviously. The thing that frustrates me most is because the age of the car (52) the cleaner it is the more dings, scratches, chips ETC become visible. I know they can't be avoided but wish I had a perfect base on which to keep it up! Thanks for the advice.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks dude. Hope yours is running well. Don't see many Mk6s around.