ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk8 fiesta st

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
The daily. Had it nearly 2 years now. Its got a few mountune bits fitted, recently had a milltek exhaust fitted which sounds great and today it was treated to a stage 1 map at Laird Performance who are the go to mappers for ford's in Scotland. Final run below it was hot 21 degrees so figures should be a bit higher but it has made it a very quick little car for a 3 pot. Some pics
20210422_190438.jpg
20210422_190412.jpg
20210422_190359.jpg
20210422_190341.jpg
20210422_190405.jpg
20210422_185627.jpg

Attachments

• 20210422_190429.jpg
    20210422_190429.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 114

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
That's probably the best I've ever seen that colour looking! Usually find it a little bland. Great cars, I'd love a go in one... considering a Mk7 next up for me.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Cracking cars these. I genuinely miss my 140ps St line I had for over 2 years, it was a fun car to drive and only thing it lacked was a bit more oomph in the straights as it cornered and braked really well. I imagine this is great to drive.

How have you found the mpg to be?
I know the mk7.5 was really good on fuel considering the performance

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Lovely that mate. I take it it has the performance pack? Is the LSD a good bit of kit?

The prices have come down a bit i’ve noticed, wouldn’t mind one myself!

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Cracking cars these. I genuinely miss my 140ps St line I had for over 2 years, it was a fun car to drive and only thing it lacked was a bit more oomph in the straights as it cornered and braked really well. I imagine this is great to drive.

How have you found the mpg to be?
I know the mk7.5 was really good on fuel considering the performance
Mpg isn't brilliant tbh. I'm all short journeys and always in sport mode get around 32mpg. Also its mapped on vpower so 1.42 a litre. This has the performance pack so has the quaiffe diff as well which is great.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Lovely that mate. I take it it has the performance pack? Is the LSD a good bit of kit?

The prices have come down a bit i’ve noticed, wouldn’t mind one myself!
Yes has the performance pack. That was a must for me when I bought it. Lsd is great when pushing it hard in the corners really pulls it into the bends

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Didn't know you had this, not that I should lol

Looks ace. I still like the previous shape but robbers.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Bloody brilliant to drive these are, especially with the performance pack, way better than the last RS Focus. Only thing I don’t like is the exhaust which becomes tiresome after not too long.
Still the benchmark modern hot hatch imo.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
The daily. Had it nearly 2 years now. Its got a few mountune bits fitted, recently had a milltek exhaust fitted which sounds great and today it was treated to a stage 1 map at Laird Performance who are the go to mappers for ford's in Scotland. Final run below it was hot 21 degrees so figures should be a bit higher but it has made it a very quick little car for a 3 pot. Some pics
View attachment 1534289View attachment 1534291View attachment 1534292View attachment 1534293View attachment 1534294View attachment 1534295

Looks great does that best colour for them imo 👍 only why did they ruin it with those wheels! Std ST line wheels look so much better or even better still the ST line upgrade wheels.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Looks great - proper solid performance from that graph too.

Big plus point for the flaps as well - they really suit it and probably very functional on some of the roads up in Scotland!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Really like the look of them. If you were to sell can you drop me a pm sometime with thr details. 👍

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
The newer shaped ones are nice! Not sure on the mudflats though lol.
Had a test drive in the previous generation but felt a bit too 'meh' inside.

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
Where are people on a mk7.5 vs mk8?

Top end prices on earlier car are 12.5k where earliest examples of later car are 14k, st200 into mk8 prices.

Guess maybe different answer std and tuned?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Where are people on a mk7.5 vs mk8?

Top end prices on earlier car are 12.5k where earliest examples of later car are 14k, st200 into mk8 prices.

Guess maybe different answer std and tuned?
If you're buying a mk7 Vs a mk8 only if it's a st200. The mk8 moved it on a little more. The mk8 engine feel is hard to describe Vs the mk7, it's feels modern because it is but it feels strong and has more character.

You can't go wrong with either. The mk7 was utterly brilliant. My cousin ran a mountune 230 for 3 years. Michelin ps4s, eibach springs, exhaust system, standard exterior in red, looked subtle, and I couldn't think how going faster would be any more fun. The thing was great.

The mk8 feels modern like it should. If the prices were close I couldn't buy a 7 over an 8.

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
Interesting. Had been considering a late plate molten orange st3 5 door, pretty much the rarest combo, can't be more than 100 cars. 5 doors being rarer than st200 and having same chassis upgrades.

I like 5 Dr in mk7 as it breaks up the big rear arch expanse.

Also like that faults known with older car and pretty much been tuned ti destruction levels. So you know lower states of tune reliable. Also seems to be oretty good on fuel.

Would probably stage 1 map if but leave it looking and sounding std.

But 3 pot sounds good. Has a nice looking interior. Looks good on 18 inch wheels and comes with a diff fitted.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
As good as the mk7 St is that interior and 'infotainment' system if you want to to call it that is very dated .

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Awesome cars. Do they drive even better than the previous model? I loved that too.
i cant comment as never driven a mk7 but by all accounts the motoring press/you tube/chris harris etc say the mk8 is a big step up from the mk7. i have no complaints its great fun to drive, brilliant handling, powerful, great recaros and the bose sound system is excellent.

Cupra, Fiesta ST2
The Mk7 had a massive improvement in around 2016 due to the new rear axle which was introduced for the ST200 version. I didn't think Ford could go better again with the Mk8 but they nailed it. We have a ST2 with Performance Pack and its great fun to drive, the diff allows you to get on the power so early. Steering is very sharp and precise. MPG seems better too - on a decent run looking at 45mpg instead of mid-high 30s in the Mk7.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Sharp! That's a great word for the steering! It's the response level that boggles the mind. It's eager and ready to go at all times.