ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MkII/II race car for sale?

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Anyone know of Clio Cup for sale?

All of them seems to be on the continent, and with the current exchange rate it equates to just over £11k for a MkII. Willing to strech to £17k for a MkIII but would prefer one with little running time or fresh rebuild.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
I looked on all usual sites but nothing is suitable. I did spot Cookie-jnr X85 Cup for sale. Also seen a few sadev for sale but rather a whole car.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
I'm still sticking with the Mx5, just a Mk3. The Clio will be making its way across the pacific.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Cheers. Somehow it slipped my mind to actually ring a team. lol

Schma Schme 1.6l
you can have my mk2 for 12k, i'll replace both bumpers and wings. box is 100%, its got GRP doors and lexan (originals included in sale) and because of the lightweight setup, it competes nicely with the newer 197-200's, and everyone knows the mk3's are a doddle to drive compared to the old widow makers! my mk2 has competed all season faultlessy against faster stronger mk3s and always done the business against them. However, anyone who knows mk2's and mk3's will agree you have to really know how to pedal a mk2 to show a mk3 ur rear bumper.

if you really want a mk3, drop me a p.m before you buy from a uk clio squad and i'll ask my 'man in the know' if its worth the dollar because there are a few teams that sell proper 'bitsa' lumps to clubman racers! last 1 i saw sold from a top team was 2 different shells welded together and the car needs a new dash because the loom is knackered! BUYER BEWARE!! however, a TCR car recently purchased by a competitor of mine was a minter BUT coz a lot of money!!

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Timmyevo6: I'm not quite ready to buy one yet as I haven't finalised the budget and I have no need for it yet. Looking more at jan/feb time then can use it straight away.

I may join rodders for a few races but it's run by a Ma5da team so main races with them.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Paul came 4th at Donington against the ma5da cars.
Not bad seeing as he has none of there allowed mods ;)
Costs per race or season??

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
More than I like!! I'll send a pm over to you in a few days when I'm back.

All sorts!
Evening all,

I've found what I think is a proper 2002 Cup race car but it appears to have a VIN number when I thought the race cars didn't have them? The VIN is VF1CBOMOF21253002 and it has a plaque with the serial number 01002 on it.

Can anyone confirm if any race cars actually had VIN numbers?

Cheers,
Bryn.

Schma Schme 1.6l
no, they didn't have a vin. BUT many were built using lhd shells from europe and fitted with parts from clio car racers. to be honest, probably perfectly fine. remember its a race car, so it'll be full of filler, dents to heck and generally a dog when you look deep enough. how much do they want for it? i paid 11k for mine in feb, worth that still now!

Evening all,

I've found what I think is a proper 2002 Cup race car but it appears to have a VIN number when I thought the race cars didn't have them? The VIN is VF1CBOMOF21253002 and it has a plaque with the serial number 01002 on it.

Can anyone confirm if any race cars actually had VIN numbers?

Cheers,
Bryn.

ian-speedy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio cup race car
I have just bought one with quite a few spares and 16 spare wheels and tyres for £11k , I know of one available the end of this month for £10.5k