ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mobil 1 0w-40

Hi,

Anyone know anywhere I can get hold of this cheaper than rip off halfords (£34). Need it tonight for a service tomorrow morning.

Can I get away with just one 4L on a 172?

Is there any other oil just as good but cheaper that I can get hold of?

Cheers.
Rob.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by zodiac51 on 29 September 2003

10w40 is the racing one isnt it? 0w40 is the normal (sold in halfords) one.
Nope, Mobil 1 MotorSport is 15W50

Yes you can get Mobil 1 in 0w40w as I put it in my car at the last service. In my opinion its the best oil you can use, it heats up really fast as its so thin at cold weight and the car never seems to judeer when cold as it did previously with the original oil.

You will need 5litres, but dont worry about the price as it will still work out cheaper than Renaults oil, I saved about £25 on my servic eby taking my own Mobil 1!

Quote: Originally posted by Carlouk on 29 September 2003

I saved about £25 on my servic eby taking my own Mobil 1!

Yeh, then the renault garage plonked the normal sh1t they use out of the 50 gallon drum in and sold the mobil 1 to their mates down the pub ;)

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by zodiac51 on 29 September 2003

Yeh, then the renault garage plonked the normal sh1t they use out of the 50 gallon drum in and sold the mobil 1 to their mates down the pub ;)
Thats why i stand next to my car when they pour the oil in!!!!!

Skoda Fabia vRS

you dont want 10W-40.........(dont get BenR started on 10W-40 hehe)

you want the 0W-40 mate.........unless you can buy it anywhere at trade price then your always gonna be looking at £34 for 4L.........we sell it at work and its the same price (Motor World)

there is no Mobil1 in the UK thats a 10W-40 grade, the Mobil 10W-40 is known as Super S and is what a lot of garages use themselves, i know a LOT of Renault dealerships use it

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by BRUN on 29 September 2003

you dont want 10W-40.........(dont get BenR started on 10W-40 hehe)
So Renault are wrong then...

That is the oil that Renault specify for this engine, but people seem to know better and put in whatever they want because of the name usually.