ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mobile Alarm Fitters

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Right,

Getting myself an MR2 Turbo within the next few days and a friend of mine has a fully working Clifford Concept 600 alarm which hes selling to me for £100.

Does any one know of any one that can come out and fit it in the Essex area? I want it aproved as well so it keeps its Cat1 status.

Also - the car has a turbo timer on it - how would this affect arming the alarm when the engine is still running?

Mk2 Golf GTI

i assume it would leave the enf=gine running but lock all doors and activate the siren, just like a remote engine start. not sure though

tbh everyone i know who has had a mobile fitter come and install their alarm has had problems, simply because they dont take as long as people in decent ICE shops.

Quote: Originally posted by Matt16v on 21 July 2004

Also - the car has a turbo timer on it - how would this affect arming the alarm when the engine is still running?
The alarm will probably go mental when the turbo timer turns off and the engine stops.. think you might have to get a Clifford Turbo Timer or something.. or, maybe the Clifford can be told about it? Dunno...

300bhp MR2 Turbo

I dont know if I want my local ICE dealer to fit it, not sure of the quality of their work.

Theres a couple of older guys that are exceptionally good but some young blokes that look like their on work experience. Also knew of a known thief working there a few years ago.

If your going to fit an alarm "properly" or an ICE for that matter it takes two things - time and patience!! No mobile fitter will ever do a decent job, just bodge it and scarper...

If the turbo timer has an output to hook up to the alarm you may be able to connect the two up but it depends on the turbo timer / alarm compatability etc..

if its a 2nd hand cat 1 alarm.. then when being fitted to a 2nd car. by regulations it is no longer valid as a cat 1. no matter who/where it is fitted by.

on my impreza i had a normal turbo timer and a concept 50x(horrid alarm, other alarms will work nps) no fancy tricks or set up.. it just takes a bit of wiring knowledge..

i could stop the car, leave timer on for couple of mins. press alarm button and walk away, knowing that the doors are locked and once the timer shuts off it will be fully imobilised ..

the ignition supply needs to be used as one of the immobiliser cuts (starter not fuel as the other). then the output of the timer is put on the car (not key) side of the cut.

Matt, I used a place called Precision, got them from the Yellow Pages. I think theyre based in Canvey but travel the whole of Essex...

Did a very good job with my Toad, never had any problems whatsoever.