ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mobile Braodband

Now i am failry new to all this, but recently the Gf upgraded her mobile phone with o2. Got a cracking deal through retentions, but pressured the guy a bit more and as a deal maker he gave her a free o2 mobile broadband dongle.

Now as i work away quite a bit she gave it to me, its a PAYG one in black. £15 gets your 30 days access with a 3GB data limit during those 30 days. The 30 days run from when you buy the credit if that makes sense ?

I think its fantastic, now i know i have my iPhone but during the JB i lost the option to tether with it. So this is now the prefect thing to allow me to use my MBP whilst away without paying hotels wifi charges etc.

What are peoples thoughts on them ? Would be interested to hear about other brand/providers/packages.

I think Vodafone have a quicker dongle but i am not 100% sure on that.

172 Cup
Thoughts on mobile broadband?

Slow, expensive, s**t data limits.. I guess it's ok if you're stuck in the middle of a field somewhere.

Listerine & Poledo
mobile BB definately has its uses.
as for "which one", it's horses for courses. T-mobile dont charge if you go over their "fair usage" policy, wheras the others will.
speeds will go up and down with coverage and users at that time, along with other factors.
I use a Nokia E75 as a wi-fi modem via Joikuspot, works brilliantly except in northern ireland, where I had no 3g signal. oh well.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I use it as backup to my internets if it goes down here

I don't pay for it though, work do

VF is utter s**t, the software they use is atrocious

T-Mobile is much better

All still going v well. Not sure what speed i am getting, unsure how to check on my MBP

RIP Dan
speedtest.net

Im getting about 2Mb on mine. They are upgrading the 3G network soon so may be able to get up to 7-14Mb.

I am just a browser on the net, dont d/l much at all so it suits me.

I use a three dongle as my main Internet at home. I get 7.2mbps speed and never any issues. It's quicker downloading than my work internet. Can get 15gb for £15 a month. Fine for me as I don't download much stuff.

They're ok if you're a mobile user. In my experience though the o2 ones are tosh, never any decent signal.

A red missile
I use a three dongle as my main Internet at home. I get 7.2mbps speed and never any issues. It's quicker downloading than my work internet. Can get 15gb for £15 a month. Fine for me as I don't download much stuff.

I'm pretty much the same although it's not my main at home, handy for when it goes tits up at home and for using with the netbook at work when i'm supposed to be working ;)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I have the Voda dongle for work as we're always working in on site offices, which often means no internet available. Its bang on tbh, get around 2.2mb and work pay for it, so its not an issue. Can browse totally normally really.