ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mobile Phone Contract Thread.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Have we got one, we have now :)

So my contract with EE will be finishing in the next few weeks, they have rang me and getting back in touch today with prices on the Iphone 8 and the Huwaei (sp) pro 20.

Curious what others pay for their contracts, up front costs etc......

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Waiting until the 15th September. I usually get 20% loyalty which aparantly they have stopped. She said the deals will be much better in September.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Pay £19 per month sim only, 12gb, texts/calls and sky sports tv app. Vodafone

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I get a similar deal from three albeit with 400mins for £17, worth calling them for a better deal.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Man logic.

Whats my iphone 7 128gb in black worth, £200??

So if i get a contract for say 38 p/month it will only cost me £30 ish. Id be happy with that, new phone etc.

In fact probably a bit more, 225 ish

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
So just rang for an upgrade.

iPhone 8 (unsure what gb)

£53 a month. No handset charge, 30gb data

P20 pro

£44 a month. No handset charge, 20gb data. And a free tablet.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
So just rang for an upgrade.

iPhone 8 (unsure what gb)

£53 a month. No handset charge, 30gb data

P20 pro

£44 a month. No handset charge, 20gb data. And a free tablet.

Hope you don’t think that’s a good deal?

Found this in about 30 seconds.

81B4D7C3-4B01-468F-ACCF-E639AFFBCD77.png

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, it's a crap deal lol. That was the upgrade department as apposed the 'don't want to leave/be your best friend department'.

I mentioned about uswitch a while ago saying they are cheaper. The reply was if you have handset problems you need to contact them. Would be under warranty with Apple anyway....

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I’ve had two contracts from uswitch, apart from initial payment I’ve noticed no difference from actually being with EE

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I just got a new contract via mobiles.co.uk, I've stayed with Vodafone.

Needed to change my number over, so called them up, and the woman on the phone wanted to know why I went via CPW and not them directly; "well love, they're offering about half the price you are...
yeah, sorry we can't be competitive"

So why are you asking then? You know why I didn't go direct; because your prices are shite.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
SIM free and buy handset all day long imo !! Tesco ftw

The handset i would be after is the iphone 8 or p20 pro, both dear phones. I appreciate over two years it may be cheaper, but by how much??.

I reckon i can get 200 ish for mine (iphine 7 128gb) which helps with contract prices.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I just got a new contract via mobiles.co.uk, I've stayed with Vodafone.

Needed to change my number over, so called them up, and the woman on the phone wanted to know why I went via CPW and not them directly; "well love, they're offering about half the price you are...
yeah, sorry we can't be competitive"

So why are you asking then? You know why I didn't go direct; because your prices are shite.

Chap did tell me the reason uswitch are cheaper. I forget the reason now...

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
The handset i would be after is the iphone 8 or p20 pro, both dear phones. I appreciate over two years it may be cheaper, but by how much??.

I reckon i can get 200 ish for mine (iphine 7 128gb) which helps with contract prices.

5000 mins 5000 texts 12g data 15 quid a month on Tesco.
6g data instead of 12 is 12.50 mtg.

Cheaper too if you have more than 1 phone from same account or extra free data or mins too.
Customer service is without doubt best of any mobile provider imo.
Depends how much data you REALLY use.
I have s8 bought SIM free pay 7.50 per month 400 mins 500 texts 2.5 data.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I disagree with buying phone and going SIM free, because some of the best handset deals basically mean you get the contract free.

I just got an S9 Plus for 150 upfront and then £23 a month for 24 months, so just over £700 all in. That's with 4GB data, unl t&c. An S9 Plus alone SIM free is £860 from Samsung, £820 from mobiles.co.uk... So it's cheaper to take the contract, you're basically paying for the phone and getting the rest free.

Listerine & Poledo
Go to SIM-Only with whatever usage you use.

Buy handsets outright. Hell, stick them on a 0% credit card. It works out.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member

£500 Handset over 24 Months, £21 ish a month.
Sim only £20 a month.

£41 a month, unless i've missed something?!?!?!.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172

You are also then free to move to a better deal if one comes along if in 2 year contract then your fucked!

Plenty of places to buy SIM free handsets without buying direct.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Prime example, I’m on 4gb data, which was enough when I took it out, but things happen and it’s now not enough, but I can’t do anything about it for another year.

Listerine & Poledo
£500 Handset over 24 Months, £21 ish a month.
Sim only £20 a month.

£41 a month, unless i've missed something?!?!?!.
There''s not often a lot in it, and sometimes a promo contract can be better. Just did the maths, as below. Handset costs from Carphone Warehouse, SIM is a 12-month minimum tariff. Costs over 24 months

P20 Pro - £800
iPhone 8 - £639

Sim - £20 x 24

iPhone
£1119 (£46/month)
EE contract £58/m (£1392)

P20 -
£1280 (£53/month)
EE contract £43/month (£1032)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
*Now live* SIMO - 100Gb Data / 5000 Mins / Unlimited Texts £20pm on a 12 Month Contract - Total £240 @ Virgin Media

Bargain that!

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Prime example, I’m on 4gb data, which was enough when I took it out, but things happen and it’s now not enough, but I can’t do anything about it for another year.
Bolt-Ons? I'm sure you can go to your carrier and ask for more, they might shaft you but you shouldn't be stuck with 4.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Question; why do people need so much data? Doesn't pretty much everywhere have wifi now? Plus if you do have low data, a little bit of pre-planning like downloading playlists on wifi etc can do the trick.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I used lots as my home wifi was beyond crap. Being what it should be i use wayyy less data.

But the times i enquire about contracts they chop and change data allowance without a care

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Bolt-Ons? I'm sure you can go to your carrier and ask for more, they might shaft you but you shouldn't be stuck with 4.

4gb would normally do me. But I now go to London for 3-9 days at a time with work and have no WiFi.

So I just buy a data SIM card and hotspot it from an old android phone. Works out cheapest.