ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mocal oil breather location

172 Ph1
I've now got my breather and am quite stumped as to where to put it. As my motor has an ITG maxogen and a normal size battery space is limited under the bonnet.
Am I forced to buy a flat racing battery to make space or even put the battery in the boot ?
Blimey these Renaults are tight for space

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Are you talking where to actually mount the catch tank?

If so won't it fit where I have mine or is that where your filter is? I can't remember.

If it is the catch tank we are talking about, I guess you have 2 options....

Relocate standard battery to boot like I've done.

Fit catch tank to bulk head next to coolant bottle.

172 Ph1
Yes J the air filter is mahoose , I can't re-locate battery ATM i just haven't the time on my hands I was thinking about the bulk head as an option .
I need to act fast as I need it mapped before I go Snett in Dec.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Think bulk head is gonna be your only option.

Whip off the scuttle couple of holes and bolt through. Bear in mind you will need to be able to drain the tank so need a bit of access to the bottom.

172 Ph1
Are you saying behind scuttle where wipers are ?
I have seen them above exhaust manifold , but don't fancy that as it's a fire hazard IMO

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
I had the same problems so I fitted mine in the N/S inner wing section near the horn. Perfect and hidden nicely

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Are you saying behind scuttle where wipers are ?
I have seen them above exhaust manifold , but don't fancy that as it's a fire hazard IMO

No, in the bay but remove the scuttle to secure bolts through.

Seems a waste to buy a Mocal tank and hide it away in the inner wing, could have saved £70 and just got an ebay special if you were going to do that.

172 Ph1
That's true - but were talking fumes to and leaks , eBay tat oil tanks might be cheaper but were much better knowing the Mocal one does it really well.

172 Ph1
Wow what a scenario : it's either bulkhead mount "don't like" , move battery into the boot - ok a decent option but more dollars.
Which ever way I'm looking at it - I got more to do to get it fitted.
Would it fit sitting off the ecu bar on top of a flat race battery. ? How much are those compared to just getting a battery holder and cables and putting it in the boot ?