ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mod Rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Derv 65, MPG > BHP
Y helo thar. I love to vent on the internets.

I just want to try and get this across to a lot of people, as I'm certainly not the only driver in this frame of mind.
I can't put into words how much I hate people constantly saying "SLAM IT ON ITS ARSE!" "You should lower it" "Get rid of that arch gap!" etc, etc. There are so many reasons that not everybody has a lowered car. These for me are, in no particular order:
1) I'm damn poor. I'd love to sit wider and lower than an obese sausage dog, but I can't afford it declared or otherwise.
2) My Clio is a fcking workhorse. I'm studying joinery, so I use my car as a van. I've carried a sofa, a huge bass guitar amp, a fridge, and half my mate's life when he moved house. Also my girlfriend is on the larger side (out of choice and not desperation). So as much as I'd love to join the Air Society, I'd have no space for the stuff and it'd constantly be high anyway.
3) Speed bumps. I live on a cul de sac, and there's one right next to my house towards the bottom of the road. The roads up to my girlfriend's house have asphalt mountains every ten yards, and a lot of other places have those evil red b*****ds. Considering that my engine tray is about to drop off in two pieces when I'm at standard height, it's a big put off.

Thanks for reading, share the love and rant with me :)

Lex, Nottingham

107 Track Car & C4
I believe those people are only giving there opinions. They're are insisting you do it. That is what a forum is about isn't it?

Renault Clio MK4 RS
To be totally honest.. 40mm springs cost me £40 and it makes it look better and i live in an area with speed bumps and its no issue to me what so ever. Also the insurance didnt even go up that much for me when saying i had lowering springs on it but everyones entitled to their own opinion i suppose.

What irritates me is when people go to me because i pay loads on my insurance for my car.... Why do you drive when it costs loads? Pretty simple, I drive because i dont want to be a bus wanker like you and i need it to get to and from my job unlike you who is on the dole and sits at home all day Also i will quite happily pay for the insurance to stay off the dole, keep my job and drive a car!

When other people say why didnt you get the 2.0 version of the clio? BECAUSE I CANT AFFORD ONE SO STFU.

When females ask why i like to have a loud exhaust on it and have 'them big circle thingys in my boot'? because i like the sound of my car and because i like having good audio(Subwoofers)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
You joined a website just to say that?

My reasons for not having a very low clio are:
It looks toss
It ruins the handling

Status
Not open for further replies.