ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Modded Clios that aren't Sports

Mine

Attachments

• New2.jpg
    New2.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 168
  MKV Golf GTi (240bhp)
CDMullins said:

ever thought that instead of spending all that money doing up the car, you could have bought a 172 / 182 and insured it as well

just a thought.......

Audi TT 3.2 V6
03clio172 said:
ever thought that instead of spending all that money doing up the car, you could have bought a 172 / 182 and insured it as well

just a thought.......
maybe he enjoys spending time modding his car and having somethings that looks slightly different to your run of the mill clio. really pisses me off when people come on and say s**t like that. but youve saved me some money, im not gonna mod my car, im gonna save my cash and buy a bmw.

its his cash hell do what the f**k he likes with it. not everyone wants a 172...and its not always a case of insurance reasons....petrol consumption, cost of rd tax etc etc

//rant over\\

MKV Golf GTi (240bhp)
Easy...... it was just a thought i was calling him a dickhead..

i was just saying that if he wanted a better drive / faster car then maybe he should think about it

I made the mistake of spending money on a under powered car and never looked back once i upgraded to a faster model

Dont take things so personally.........

Clio 172 mk2
This has been done before many a time.

I not a big fan of modifying cars to be 'lookalikes' or cosmetic stuff but everyone has to start somewhere.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
The ironic thing is i wouldn't look twice at a chav'd/bodykitted motor. But i'd probably look round twice at an RS! lol Beutiful as std! imo naturally.

I used to dislike 'chav/bodykitted' cars too but thesedays it doesn't matter a toss how fast your car is...theres always someone getting in the way or always a traffic jam...end of.

This being the case i'd rather be sitting in something a bit individual (or better still a motorbike) instead of a boggo std 'fast' car that no-one REALLY notices.

03clio172 said:

just a thought.......

I've got a 172 which I use everyday.

But, i've also got a modded Reanult 19 which i dont use very often... but when I do it still puts a much bigger smile on my face than the 172 ever has, or ever will! True, for the money I could've probably bought something much quicker or newer, maybe even a v6 at todays prices, but thats not what i wanted.

03clio172 said:

just a thought.......

In a word....NO

If i would have been bothered about power, and having 'all that money' you think i would have bought a Clio 172 or 182???? Another one that thinks his 172 is a supercar!!! If i was really interested in going fast i could spend half that money and go faster than a 172/182!!

V6's not included, now they are supercars!!!

Clio 1.2 RT (woo)
Hmm. Well I actually meant like 1.2's, 1.4 etc... The not very fast ones basically :p I think mine looks amazing as it is (bog standard, Clios are well tasty), I'd never put a kit on any other chavvy stuff on it, or any car for that matter. I was just wondering if people bothered, I started to do it on my 1.0 Corsa, what a waste of time and money that was LOL.

I was thinking mainly of things such as lowering, different rims, exhausts??

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
CDMullins said:
In a word....NO

If i would have been bothered about power, and having 'all that money' you think i would have bought a Clio 172 or 182???? Another one that thinks his 172 is a supercar!!! If i was really interested in going fast i could spend half that money and go faster than a 172/182!!

V6's not included, now they are supercars!!!

Vee isn't much quicker than a cup! And Isn't the easiest to drive. Name a car which looks good, avoids the chavvy cheapness (Like Subaru's) Goes well cost 5k, and will outpace it on track?

Ali

Clio 1.2 RT (woo)
Mmmm love the way Clio's look as standard :D espcially the black ones. Mines a 5 door tho so dont think I'll bother with mine, just needs a clean and polish and it'll look mint :cool:

And yes, simple is the way forward, looks soooo much better than ones with kits etc....

mk2 clio 172
Ali said:
Vee isn't much quicker than a cup! And Isn't the easiest to drive. Name a car which looks good, avoids the chavvy cheapness (Like Subaru's) Goes well cost 5k, and will outpace it on track?

Ali

evo 2

182 + Cup
Ali said:
The ironic thing is i wouldn't look twice at a chav'd/bodykitted motor. But i'd probably look round twice at an RS! lol Beutiful as std! imo naturally.

Totally agree with this comment. However, I do think it's a shame when the majority of 'modders' spoil the image by acting like fools in their (lets be honest) fundamentally lesser cars. It's one thing to want to look different and take pride in your individual motor, but another to drive around like you've nicked it, no seatbelt, sub woofer straight from a gig at Knebworth, baseball cap etc etc.

I don't give a toss what engine you've got. Just don't pretend it's anything more than it is.

So to sum up: Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
pompeymatt said:
Martin: You got a custom exhaust on that too I assume?

na not yet mate, dont want to waste my induction noise so i cant decide. i want one for the looks and to free the engine up a bit but noise doesnt bother me.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Clang said:
Totally agree with this comment. However, I do think it's a shame when the majority of 'modders' spoil the image by acting like fools in their (lets be honest) fundamentally lesser cars. It's one thing to want to look different and take pride in your individual motor, but another to drive around like you've nicked it, no seatbelt, sub woofer straight from a gig at Knebworth, baseball cap etc etc.

I don't give a toss what engine you've got. Just don't pretend it's anything more than it is.

I love your face! ;)

Evo 2.....emmm.....Some car...But not pretty in the slightest. No toys too, Old technology.

Ali said:

Ali

Why avoid Scooby??

Scooby, Evo, Skline, MR2, RX7, 2l Nova, 2L Corsa,

Theres loadza of cars that are faster than a Clio, IMO Clio's are not the best looking cars, they have nothing on the Type R and even the new Focus. The 172/182 dont look too much different from a 1.2!

Clang said:

"but another to drive around like you've nicked it"

Is that not sterotyping??? Look at any properly modified motor, not some that as just stuck a kit on, but someone that takes pride in therir car and i can garentee they will not rag it, or "drive it like theyve nicked it"

theres a difference between modified motors and chavs!

Clio 172 mk2
Ali said:

Agree with you but that's just my preference as well

CDMullins said:
"but another to drive around like you've nicked it"

Is that not sterotyping??? Look at any properly modified motor, not some that as just stuck a kit on, but someone that takes pride in therir car and i can garentee they will not rag it, or "drive it like theyve nicked it"

theres a difference between modified motors and chavs!

Couldn't agree more. When you actually look at what cars get raced around, its "generally" those that've had a few hundred pounds spent on them, rather than several thousand.

And Clang - as for the baseball cap / seatbelt - whats that got to do with anything?? I always wear my seatbelt when im driving my 19 as I know it will attract attention. In my 172 though I often dont bother as no one looks twice. And as for baseball caps, I never wear one, but if i did, im sure i'd wear it regardless of what car i was driving!

ShaunR16v said:
Couldn't agree more. When you actually look at what cars get raced around, its "generally" those that've had a few hundred pounds spent on them, rather than several thousand.

And Clang - as for the baseball cap / seatbelt - whats that got to do with anything?? I always wear my seatbelt when im driving my 19 as I know it will attract attention. In my 172 though I often dont bother as no one looks twice. And as for baseball caps, I never wear one, but if i did, im sure i'd wear it regardless of what car i was driving!

with the greatest respect if your decision on wether to wear a seatbelt is governed by whether you'll get spotted or not then you're an idiot.

Civic Vtec y0
CDMullins said:
The 172/182 dont look too much different from a 1.2!
True, there is a big difference between a 1.4 focus and a RS where as my gf has a MK2 1.2 clio sport and tbh theres not a lot of difference between it and a RS. A 172/182 is far from a supercar, at the end of the days its only a 2 litre N/A which is nothing special in todays engines!

The V6 is the only supercar in the Clio range.....everyone knows this

Clio_MK1 said:
True, there is a big difference between a 1.4 focus and a RS where as my gf has a MK2 1.2 clio sport and tbh theres not a lot of difference between it and a RS. A 172/182 is far from a supercar, at the end of the days its only a 2 litre N/A which is nothing special in todays engines!

The V6 is the only supercar in the Clio range.....everyone knows this

Id liken the RS to the V6 in terms of clio and focus ranges. The 172/182 is Renaults ST170 of the range. You telling me that an ST170 looks much different to any other focus? think not. As for not much difference between the 1.2 and 172/182? they're worlds apart.

Clio 182 Black gold
Ali said:
I love your face! ;)

Evo 2.....emmm.....Some car...But not pretty in the slightest. No toys too, Old technology.

evos are much more reliable tho for old technology

Cant beleive the fact that you wear a baseball cap makes you a chav!! Jesus christ!!!! theres often occasions when i cant be arsed to do my hair as im just nipping to the shop, or just to the birds so i put a cap on!! Last 2 caps i bought have been a £55 Von Dutch cap and a £35 Diesel cap, am i a chav cause i cant be arsed to do my hair???

The worlds going crazy!!!

to me Chav = Backward burberry cap, stuck on body kit, lexus lights, loud exhaust and driving like a wanker!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
CDMullins said:
Why avoid Scooby??

Scooby, Evo, Skline, MR2, RX7, 2l Nova, 2L Corsa,

Theres loadza of cars that are faster than a Clio, IMO Clio's are not the best looking cars, they have nothing on the Type R and even the new Focus. The 172/182 dont look too much different from a 1.2!

PMSL, You crack me up CDMuggins

2l nova and corsa don't count...their botch conversion jobs.

Skyline looks like it was designed in 5mins, out of a cereal box if you will
Scooby is CHAV! like it or not. P1, 22b and RB5 are the exceptions.
Evo 6 is ther only nice one worth having

I think your missing the point all there cars are >8k!!!! i.e more than a clio. Insurance, servicing, running costs are all more

Type R is a better car yes, but the nice shaped one with the same toys as a clio is 10k. Plus infairness my Bro's got a Dc2 & thats a far better car than the taxi

I've had a 1.2 and i can assure you they look completely different. One day i'm sure you'll realise this..

Ali

Last edited: