ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

modding a williams=can o worms?

williams and trophy
not saying the 4 pots wont be better. never really run a car with them tbh. but i think they are a bit overkill for minimal mods. the std units work fine , iv only ever really suffered fade with s**t pads.

I agree will 2 live 4 pots are probably overkill for all out power and a good stock setups better than a usless 4 pot as with all things in the world but I loved mine when I had them and would have them if I needed another car with uprated brakes or was chnaing the calipers or was racing/rallying/track daying for security and aditional performance

s1 williams/106gti
ok well the day i break my own rule and whack bodies on it is the day my order for brembo's goes in..........snorted :/

williams and trophy
hehe....mite have some for sale soon......bodies that is ;).......and on williams manifold ;)

Clio Williams & 182
:clap::clap::clap: Very well said young man :rasp: :approve:

Didn't know you ventured over this side of the fence Dan :rasp:

I do sometimes, but I am usually hiding :)

As for exhausts, mines a Magnex. It can be a bit loud but itsnt too bad. That and the decat tend to rob a bit of low down torque but make up for it in the mid to higher rev range.

It pops, and bangs.

ZX6R B1H
I hate badges and stickers its also my car and therefore i can do what the fudge i want to :D same reason why im going to take the ren and clio badges off the rear.

s1 williams/106gti
I hate badges and stickers its also my car and therefore i can do what the fudge i want to :D same reason why im going to take the ren and clio badges off the rear.
noticed you have a nova ......... 2.0xe by any chance??

ZX6R B1H
nah, i dont have it anymore....

It was a 1.0l just finished the bodywork etc and had the xe waiting to go in, but got bored and sold up bought a willy.

s1 williams/106gti
nah, i dont have it anymore....

It was a 1.0l just finished the bodywork etc and had the xe waiting to go in, but got bored and sold up bought a willy.
haha i had mine sat out the back with a cav xe in the garage waiting to go in but got given the williams :approve: now its my mates problem lol

good choice
as always .......... agreed:D

ZX6R B1H
i built a nova xe saloon and that was more than a handful, i got owned by a 1.0 micra with bucket seats in that thing. It would just understeer and torque steer, Ive had a few i just build them when i get bored over summer.

Great fun tho, and i would buy another... but it would be a 1.3 sport, or a very very early 1300 SR A or B reg.

The williams is far better than the nova would ever be, power to pound the nova won hands down, but i got my williams for about the same i would build an xe nova for and even the clio 172's can be had for around the £1500 mark. So it seems pointless to build a nova xe now.

I think there are a few ex nova owners on here, some still have them actually.

Clio Williams
I don't rate de-cats, mine lost all low down torque when I had mine on, but each to their own, you do free up some power top end. I agree about brakes, just refresh standard system, oh and get yourself some braided lines too...

williams and trophy
good point^^^ bout the lines lol

de-cat...as u say each to their own. mine spends more time in the higher revs than the lower ones..so its a no brainer for me tbh

ZX6R B1H
ive never driven mine with a cat on to be honest lol how are the williams with a cat? I know they are slow with the interior still in place so that went out the window :D

williams and trophy
they pick up a little better low down the rev range, with the cat on, but seem a little flat mid/higher up than they are with the de-cat

williams and trophy
yeah they need dropping a little really to get the same handling characteristics wen stripped

ZX6R B1H
yup, mine was dropped the other day and he feels a lot better :D

But, i think i may of gone a littttttle bit too low pmsl, oh well. he looks meaner now and still goes well. Seems to helped with the understeer as well but that was mainly due to 0degree coldness.

williams and trophy
yeah not the best of conditions out there recently lol.

u in bolton rexe??? will have to have a little mini meet if so. quite a few from round that area

ZX6R B1H
yeah, im from bolton indeed matey... Pm me your number i usually venture out with the northwest lot.

4pots are a waste of time on a car the weight of a williams. Clio cup race cars ran standard calipers for 20 lap races with no issues.

The main disadvantage of going for a 4 pot set up is that it takes longer to get heat into the brakes. Fine if you are driving hard on track, but not so good when that kid runs out in front of your car 20 meters from your house.

You would get a better braking improvment by just replacing your calipers for refurbished ones, changing the fluid, and replacing any kinked brake lines.

Tullyvernon

Northern Ireland
ClioSport Area Rep
  Williams, Focus RS
yup, mine was dropped the other day and he feels a lot better :D

But, i think i may of gone a littttttle bit too low pmsl, oh well. he looks meaner now and still goes well. Seems to helped with the understeer as well but that was mainly due to 0degree coldness.

How low did you go lad? i took the interior out of mine so thats next on my list

renault clio williams 3
go for it man the williams is an awsome car that can be made even more exciting with simple non chav mods you wont have more fun with any modern hatch.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
4pots are a waste of time on a car the weight of a williams. Clio cup race cars ran standard calipers for 20 lap races with no issues.

The main disadvantage of going for a 4 pot set up is that it takes longer to get heat into the brakes. Fine if you are driving hard on track, but not so good when that kid runs out in front of your car 20 meters from your house.

You would get a better braking improvment by just replacing your calipers for refurbished ones, changing the fluid, and replacing any kinked brake lines.

Well, I think 4pots are worth it as the standard brakes on a Williams are quite poor and have to be worked hard due to the servo.

williams and trophy
i disagree there mate tbh......never had any probs with mine unless iv had cheap s**t pads in.

and as u know.......i like to cain it ;)

+1 for the 4 pots.

tried various combos for the brakes pads and discs, 4 pots have always felt firmer and been there at the end of a blast to stop me. standard callipers felt too spongy after a good run.

each car is different though. if you dont feel the need to change dont. only dead fish swim with the tide.