ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Modifications and Insurance

Hey,
I have had my 182 with both cup packs for a year now, and its is time to renew my insurance. In my current insurance, under modifications it says;
Spoiler - rear
Suspension Lowered (<5cm)

Question is does having the cup packs change the maker's standard specification.
Originally i thought it did, thus having it on my current insurance, but want to make sure as its costing me an extra £110 :-s

Cheers

106 GTi
Cup Suspension is 3mm lower than the non cup, so not alot lower. Advise on here is that both should be declared as factory options to your insurers.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
to be honest i wouldnt declair it. if they say anything about it (which i cant see them doing) you just say your no mechanic thats the way you got the car

"Navy" N17 TWO
Quinn Direct don't charge anything for cosmetic mods

They will require an engineer report form for suspension/engine mods;

as far as I know suspension doesn't affect the premium :)

I have FKs and a Dragon T-box to be declared soon so I'll keep you posted

Trev

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
James D said:
Hey,
I have had my 182 with both cup packs for a year now, and its is time to renew my insurance. In my current insurance, under modifications it says;
Spoiler - rear
Suspension Lowered (<5cm)

Question is does having the cup packs change the maker's standard specification.
Originally i thought it did, thus having it on my current insurance, but want to make sure as its costing me an extra £110 :-s

Cheers

Mate at flux's we dont usually bother with mods such as that. No Load what so ever.

Black/Gold 182
Had this argument with Bell direct (eventually cancelled insurance over it) and direct line (who I'm with now). Both said even though they are factory fit, they had to be declared as they are *options* (ie. you don't have to have them). The divvy b*tch at bell said having black anthracites increased the chances of theft. I asked her for proof which needless to say she couldn't give.

I went with mine declared just so I don't end up getting screwed in event of a claim.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
drac182 said:
They are factory fitted options not modifications.

That is all you need to say....

Its like having Factory Fit Sat Nav... u must declare it but there not "modifications" as such

Factory options list....