ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Modifications only cause more problems!!!

Need advice (again!!!)

I have slowly and painfully (following 4 previous cars) realised that modifications only cause another part of the car to get annoyed!!

I am currently having a problem with my brakes!!

Since its been lowered the load sensor thinks there is more weight than there actually is in the back of the car and so puts more than 30% braking to the rear. This means that under heavy braking my arse skips about and tries to overtake me. Renault initially wouldnt touch it because they said that had no spec other than standard to set it to. So I got a mechanic to have a look who discovered I had no adjustable bias valve. doh.

So I spoke to a different Renault, who said they can sort it as many people lower cars and thing have to be adjusted on Cup racing clios. Sounds a bit more promising I guess. The only other option is 2 universal adjustable brake bias valves which are £70 each + fitting!!

To try and counter the problem I decided to improve the braking to the front by buying some new front discs and pads (Red Dot 6groove And Red Dot XE Pads. Now the car pulls to the left under heavy braking (whilst my skips about and tries to overtake me!!)

Can Renault adjust this too do you reckon?

Aaaarrrghhhhh