ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Modified car insurance

I have a seperate thread going with regard to fitting an uprated ECU chip...

I have been getting quotes from confused.com who I have to say are very good. I have been quoted £532 for comprehensive insurance with protected NCB (With 6 points). Just for fun(?) I got a quote through them with a modified CHIP and the only quote was £1124 (Endsleigh). Absolute day light robbery so I will be shelving the uprated ECU idea!!

Anyway how do you guys insure modified cars?? Can anyone recommend good companies?

Well.... Greenlight were absolutely useless. Bearing in mind they are recommended by this site (which they are aware of) they will NOT insure any Clio CUPS due to adverse claims history with this marque because of the lack of ABS; and they aren't competitive on the FF, they came in with a quote of £860 or £890 (Can't remember exactly as I had already switched off mentally).

Confused.com will insure the standard Clio CUP for £532 with AA in my case.