ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Modifying factory airbox 172 MkII

The factory airbox seems just fine for the 172, I cant see why anyone would want to replace it with an induction kit! It can be improved however, by picking up cold air from the fog light. The two small tubes coming out of the airbox will need to be merged into a larger one which is customized to pick up cold air from the fog light. Has anyone attempted this before? Surely, theres some HP to be made from this?

H22A7 Accord Type R

i like your style...................there is a lot to be said for a drilled airbox lol!!! only problem with modding the standard kit is its a bit of a pint for warranty jobs, as something like that would be frowned upon. i agree with your idea however!

Dont want to drill holes, just merge two air tubes coming out of the airbox and use a single duct for cooler air... I wish i had the CUP airbox, much easier job!!

Whats the difference on the Cup air box? Jayc?

I have thought about this so much, I really cant see a better way of getting air to the box, mite as well extend the pipe which goes down to the wing to the fog?

The best way have to be some sort of feed from infront of the rad. But god knows how? Any ideas ppl

CTR EK9 turbo

fit some hoover pipe to the end of the hose and have it poking out under the front bumper. I did that on my scirocco - it looked like an elephants trunk!

Mk2 172

If you are looking for a minor supercharging effect from the opening on the fog light, then you might want to stick to 2 openings, just in case you get a bird or something stuck in it .

I thought about a similar thing based on the shape of a 2pint plastic milk bottle cut half way. Nice rounded rectangle hole in the skirt, a feed from the bottle top end into a pipe into one of the air feeds, block the other air feed off or splice them together. Even thougt about an emergency in-valve in the pipe in case of large bird-like debris.

Only had a 1.4rt8v at the time, which I should have kept for testing but I needed the money. If you try it, let us know. The supercharging effect at high speeds should be fun.

lol I can see that on my 172 ;)

I think the cup race cars use a hole in the head light unit where the bulds etc would of gone?

The other option is a bonet vent feeding directly into the air box?