ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mods Advice

Trophy #321
Hi,

I have a few things I want for the clio and just need some advice of best products/places to get them stuff, I want a little more performance/noise :) from the car, its got a BMC and a K-tec stealth exhaust but whats the next best step, am I right in thinking a lot of people put 182 inlets on? and is there any exhaust manifolds that people recommend? Also 2 little things are a carbon front diamond, and a front splitter but I think skoda splitters can be fit quite easily?

Any advice/suggestions would be apreciated.

Cheers Adam

Fabia VRS & Yeti
Personally I'd save my money and leave the BMC and just get a performance filter and remove the acoustic valve. Loads of threads on the subject. I prefer it, not as loud as induction kit but louder than standard and free!

Stripped yozza'd cup
Most commonthings if you want more power...

182 exhaust manifold
Inlets matched
Remap
Decat

None of them will give you massive power gains... Maybe 25 - 30bhp from what I've read (correct me if I'm wrong someone?)

There's plenty of solitudes that will fit mate, seat, skoda, other Renault models to name a few.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Get a btb instead of the ktec stealth exhaust. Significantly better build quality & sound (imo of course) on the btb yet theyre the same price new. Go figure.

Sprint 172
Get a btb instead of the ktec stealth exhaust. Significantly better build quality & sound (imo of course) on the btb yet theyre the same price new. Go figure.

Can't argue with this. Not sure the BTB will give dickman anymore noise though - just a better sound. I'll suggest a remap from Fastchip aswell and maybe a de-cat or BTB 182 cat mod. This little lot will give you a noticeable increase in performance and drivability. BTB prices have gone up a little recently if you check the microsites.

Yeah, logically you'd be right.

3bhp, 4bhp for that, but it never works like that. To get near the magical 200bhp you'll need throttle bodies/turbo etc.

Trophy #321
Cheers for the advice, any other places to get a decent map, would be handy if they were in the north of the country? :)