ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mods for clio 172

I am new to renault. This is my firt one, I just purchased a 2003 Clio Sport 172. I would like to know what mods. are available (exhaust,chip,intake, etc...) that will give the engine some extra hp. Does anybody know how much extra hp. will I get with this mods?

Who do you recomend me to give a call to purchase such items. I live in Mexico so it really does not matter where the dealer is, I will have to order it and have it mailed to my home.

Thank you!

Francisco

Ok, well, exhaust (Magnex, K-tec, something with a nice note - in the case of the k-tec something that sounds like a rally car!) induction system - Id say Pipercross Viper everytime, then chipping it, superchips with maybe some remapping, or a Dastek UniChip (Soooo customisable)

With this you should be able to realise something like 180-185bhp out of it, and thats a good enough increase to feel the difference. Both myself and Chris172 have had these same mods.

Other things are new springs (Eibachs etc) or full coilovers, and QuickShift gear lever (B&M) this makes it really short and accurate on gear changes.

Hope this helps....

Quote: Originally posted by Roamer on 14 November 2002

Ok, well, exhaust (Magnex, K-tec, something with a nice note - in the case of the k-tec something that sounds like a rally car!) induction system - Id say Pipercross Viper everytime, then chipping it, superchips with maybe some remapping, or a Dastek UniChip (Soooo customisable)

With this you should be able to realise something like 180-185bhp out of it, and thats a good enough increase to feel the difference. Both myself and Chris172 have had these same mods.

Other things are new springs (Eibachs etc) or full coilovers, and QuickShift gear lever (B&M) this makes it really short and accurate on gear changes.

Hope this helps....

Thank you Roamer, This is valuable information for me. Do you know of anybody that carried all the items you mentioned in order for me to give them a call?

Sorry Ben, I didnt forget you.... erm......

<Roamer bows to BenR> :oops:

You were there first, and I do recognise that :D

Hey, guys

Can these mods actually damage your engine?? And why didnt Renault put these mods on the car to begin with??

Also ive noticed alot of power figures going around with these mods, what about torque?? do they also increase torque?

Quote: Originally posted by Roamer on 15 November 2002

Sorry Ben, I didnt forget you.... erm......

<Roamer bows to BenR> :oops:

You were there first, and I do recognise that :D

hehe, youll have to bend down a long way as im pretty short......

as for torque, there is an increase and drivability for me has improved a fair amount........dunno what anybody else feels...but i like it.....but more power would be fun, but im limited by free insurance.