ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Monster stickers on Clios - Why?

I saw an ancient Mitsubishi Pajero (or something - not your usual rudeboi car anyway...) the other day:

* Monster sticker
* 4" tailpipe (guestimate, could've been bigger)
* "RESCUE" stickers subtly, but all over. Not noticable official "rescue" stickers, more MS Word 2003 word art...

It's like all the poverty-spec Impreza owners using the WRC stickers, but they realised they can do Monster on any make of car. Chav's wet dream...

Alfa 75 Rally Car
Hi all

Don't have Monster stickers on the car but I think I know why.

Biggest reason as stated is Ken Block but I only posted after reading the comments that Monster do not sponsor Motorsport!!! They sponsor teams and drivers in EVERY motorsport discipline I can think of.

Energy drink have picked up where tabacco and alcohol stopped, if you not sponsored by Monster then it is Red Bull, Rockstar or relentless! Watch the TT experience film for example every bike is sponsored by one or the other! The entire pitlane is covered in Monster sponsorship.

If you think back to the 70's factories were supplying cars with John Player Special liveries, Porsche did Martini specials !!

I agree that the green M has a huge chav following but are they just continuing a long tradition in there own way?!?!? Monster do seem to have cornered the Motorsport angle and Red Bull really went for the extreme sport scene.

Monster stickers are one of the worst trends I have ever seen! and this is coming from a 17 year old who loves monster lol. The amount of mopeds I see with owners that buy a sticker sheet off of Ebay and shove about 20 stickers onto these 50cc monstrosities is actually stupid.

I also saw a Focus RS in bright green with monster stickers on the rear window right in the middle and down by the exhausts. Waste of a decent car to be honest.

You should keep a eye on the non-sport thread a joker every five minutes comes in there with a massive monster sticker slapped on the rear quarter windows, it's just a sh!t cheap mod they do similar to smurfs hanging off tow eyes, sprayed lights, drifted stickers, shocker ones, blue lights in the window sprayers, sticker bombs, pound shop bee sting Ariels, just to name a few

Crispy.

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW G31 530D Msport
I've never got this either... Monster was just a drink I would have to wash down the proplus on nightshifts at work. Then a ken block video uploaded to YouTube and EVERYONE wanted the 'M' design everywhere! I'm not going to lie, the full vinyl wrap design as seen on the Subaru does look OK.. But trying to replicate the design with a few random 'M's on your car... Not quite the same. :p

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
Monster stickers maybe they are showing ken block that just because your s**t at wrc and practising on abandoned airfields that it's not about skill?!

I'm gonna put durex stickers on mine

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Monster stickers maybe they are showing ken block that just because your s**t at wrc and practising on abandoned airfields that it's not about skill?!

I'm gonna put durex stickers on mine

Yeah, he's shat. I'm a far better driver and I'm sure you are too.

Well hope fully they are going to stop using them this is what kens car looks like at the moment new livery been put on it ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328615057.410469.jpg

1.2 clio/clio sport
My clio has stickers on it but as you say its of things i like and thats why there on it because i like them, dont understand all of this monster business it doesnt look good.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Nothing wrong with stickers, if you are actually earning from them being on your motor! But to put them on, to pretend it's a sponsored motor or - to "be cool"... Have a chat with yourselves!

Stickers should be left to rallying or higher - not a 1.2 in a Maccy D's drive through.

Listerine & Poledo
If I get a white MX-5 I'll definately have to vinyl it up in Marlboro livery.

Or, if I get the black Brabus, whack JPS all over it.

May even be tempted by a blue Toeldo, then it'll be Rothmans, all day