ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Moon cat asks....

LOLOLOLOL.

I was joking when I said put Moon Cat.

Muppet.

Will it be the normal, P.C using a cutting pad, SRP,EGP then wax?

Ollie wants a nice CSL.

Who will help him

Treat as normal polish wise, although cf cannot take heat like a metal panel so be careful if using a rotary

heres one I did back in Jan

M3CSL3032.jpg

Nice one matey! Any more pics of the full car? Wanna see what sort of finish I can expect on the full car.

Would love it to look this tidy:

sexycsl.gif

Mini Cooper S sport
oooooooh my God, I need someone to PC my car, that looks the nuts!

RIIIICH/BUTTTERRRRRRR!!!!

Mito Sportiva 135
Sadly even with a PC you will still have a 182 and not a CSL though...trust me, I have tried on my car and still no kidney grill :(

Nice one matey! Any more pics of the full car? Wanna see what sort of finish I can expect on the full car.

Yes lots! Have done lots of csl's but only black, not the dark silver lol

heres some shots anyways

M3CSL3009.jpg

M3CSL3010.jpg

M3CSL3015.jpg

a015.jpg

a029.jpg

a019.jpg

I'll leave Rich to post the warehouse ones we did ;)

And not quite a CSL (ok no where near!) but a mapped 330ci belonging to moi ;)

Finishtouches014.jpg

Mito Sportiva 135
Itsall about the Bavarian Motor Works :cool:.

Hopefully the job works out there after uni and I get a new one every 3 months :D On the downside no real reason to detail them :( But I probably will anyway - may even get some brownie points with Internal Sales.

The full detail Brazo and Rich did on the CSL is really worth checking out - I like!!

That CSL looks so nice! Makes me wish I'd have waited for a black one at the right place when I was looking to buy :(

I will ask Rich to post some pics :)

Thanks

Mito Sportiva 135
If I had one I would get one in the grey like yours...really looks good IMO and a dam sight easier to keep looking good than black aka the b*****d colour ;)

Hmmm I like the silver too, but I just love black cars!

Although its seen a maximum of 4 cleans in 8 months lol, jet wash for the win :rasp:

That's why I wanna give it a good proper clean because its looking rough as a bears arse!

If it looks anyway near as good as the silver one I posted and the black one you did, I'd be over the moon :D

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah its definitely worth correcting the paint properly and applying some decent protection. It will make cleaning it in the future and also retain the value of the car compared to one in bad condition - on a CSL that could be worth a lot of money!!

I didn't do the CSL that was Rich and Brazo - but I did a 335 Touring in black last week and came up very well, I was surprised how well the Menzerna polishes and PC worked on the paint as German paint tends to be quite tough. No orange peel either :D

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I'd give your bus a shot on the pc if you were closer olle. PM The tag team gheys (Brazo and Rich)

Mito Sportiva 135
£400 against the cost of the car is still cheap, will add more than that to the value (assuming you keep it in good nick!)

Plus a CSL is sexy enough, a shiny CSL is just naughty...

CS Dungeon
£400 against the cost of the car is still cheap, will add more than that to the value (assuming you keep it in good nick!)

Plus a CSL is sexy enough, a shiny CSL is just naughty...

That would be topped off with 2 coats of Zymol Vintage too:)

Mito Sportiva 135
You don't have to convince me! ;)

Not as satisfying as doing it yourself though, just if you have time to spare and money and experience...I have been working on mine on and off the past couple of days - just hoping my Onyx arrives tomorrow and isn't lost in the post as feared :(

The Detailer - do you keep a collection of images of cars you have worked on for your business by the way? Site?

Not as satisfying as doing it yourself though, just if you have time to spare and money and experience...I have been working on mine on and off the past couple of days - just hoping my Onyx arrives tomorrow and isn't lost in the post as feared :(

The Detailer - do you keep a collection of images of cars you have worked on for your business by the way? Site?

Aye, thats why I posted here askin for advice really as I wanted to give it a blast myself (with help of someone else) didn't really want to bring up my finalcial situations but I have other things I need to spend my money on at the moment and don't have £400 to throw about willy nilly.

Bet it was worth it though :) .

101% Definately!

CS Dungeon

Yes I do mate, have got them all saved on a external HDD

I very rarely post pictures on the interweb, however I will if the client ask's me to do a write up so he can send links to friends and family or he can add a link into a classified advert if trying to sell.

I will show my pictures to potential clients who contact me with the aim to make a booking.

My website isnt fully up to scratch yet, I keep changing it and am designing my 3 complete site of this year:eek: www.topmarquesvaleting.co.uk

HTH

CS Dungeon
Aye, thats why I posted here askin for advice really as I wanted to give it a blast myself (with help of someone else) didn't really want to bring up my finalcial situations but I have other things I need to spend £400~ on at the moment.

I think 99.9% of us have more important things to spend £400 on, but some people would rather a detail then coilovers.................horses for courses and all that.

Tbh you will need someone with a Rotary................its gonna take weeks with a PC:evil:

Aye, thats why I posted here askin for advice really as I wanted to give it a blast myself (with help of someone else) didn't really want to bring up my finalcial situations but I have other things I need to spend £400~ on at the moment.

I think 99.9% of us have more important things to spend £400 on, but some people would rather a detail then coilovers.................horses for courses and all that.

Tbh you will need someone with a Rotary................its gonna take weeks with a PC:evil:

Yeah mate, was just saying, I'd love to have a full professional job done but was really aiming it towards the "A CSL owner doesn't enquire about prices, he wants it, he just buys it" comment :)

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah its a good idea. I only do it to earn some money and don't advertise myself at all except through word of mouth (normally my dads lol!) and get a decent stream - but mentioned in another thread the other day as I know by degree most the people's cars I am working on never charge as much as I could. Most I have asked for was £100 and I know if I was setup as a business I could double that.

On the plus side though I have no overheads and all cash in hand (which of course I pay tax on...)

Just a quick comment on the site: typo :quiet:

"With machine polishing you can add upto £1000+ to the value of your car by restoring faded paintork and removing scratches, swirls and bird lime marks."

http://www.topmarquesvaleting.co.uk/

I was thinking of just getting a domain and posting some images up there, although they weren't taken on the best camera still show the types of cars I have worked on and what I have achieved on them - customers are always very happy which is the main thing!

CS Dungeon
Yeah as you say just buy a domain name and create a gallery.

You will soon make a name for yourself.
Word spreads between friends and neighbours, especially when they come over to see what all the noise is.
Once they have seen the results for themselves, I can almost always get a booking lol

There is a new build site in a village called Colne, its an old farm yard with 6 plush houses built on it.
This time last year I was doing an X5 for a guy in one of the houses who booked me through a work collegue, by end of August I had done 9 cars from 5 of the 6 houses and there all calling the last guy a tight arse for not getting his RB320 done :)

Edit: Cheers for the typo, but it may not matter soon as i'm considering selling up the detailing business and going down another avenue.