ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

More BHP for a new Renault Clio Sport 2.0

well I held the new flowed inlet tract section mentioned above in my own hands Tuesday morning if thats any help .. so it must be going somewhere, right?

its true............

Engine only come with a rated 166bhp supposedly, but as many seem to have tested they are getting less........so this, dunno...........probably do jack.

Cant see a point at all.

unless they really up their quality control.

yes 166bhp is about right - I can testify, thats where mine began life oh so not long ago - so Renault need to up the power to meet the 172 claim .. but then again I suspect Peugeots claimed 180 bhp is also a bit dodgy.

I am sure the cars develop 172bhp when tested at 3degrees ambient temperature, after the engines been sprayed with liquid nitrogen and the airfilters brand new and octane boosters were accidentally dropped in oops - I dont want to be sued by Renault for diffamation ...

Dont get depressed, get even

Buy a cup for £2k less than list by negotiating hard or whatever other means, and if wisely spent that £2k will see you to a tad below 200bhp.

you just have to recognise youre not starting at 172, but around 165-6 (unless you go to a muppet RR that will tell you your standard new cup/172 with an IK and a new backbox is developing 190+ bhp, as some of the more optimistic threads often imply..)

320d M Sport

tell me if this is right then?

1) most 172s are actually 166(ish) BHP?

2) this new gizmo is a new inlet manifold?

3) it cost £250?

4) Itll take the car to 180BHP?

5) Only available from Dieppe Reno-Sport?

cheers, just trying to get it striaght!

Quote: Originally posted by paddymph on 17 July 2003

tell me if this is right then?

1) most 172s are actually 166(ish) BHP?

I can only talk about mine, which had only 2k miles on it when we RRed it prior to unichip. Oh and that was with a k-tec exhaust and BMC... so draw your own conclusions on what "standard" is. I am certain that 172s loosen up like all other cars after 10k+ miles so maybe they eventually work their way to 172 like a good wine matures..

2) this new gizmo is a new inlet manifold?

the inlet is made of two parts. The top bit that includes the throttle butterfly and has renault etc written on it, theres then a 90degreen elbow section that connects that previous part to the head proper. thats the bit that renault have improved/flowed

3) it cost £250?

dunno

4) Itll take the car to 180BHP?

dunno, Rsport mentioned 5bhp or so

5) Only available from Dieppe Reno-Sport?

nope as I said I held one in my hands in London on Tuesday at rsport

cheers, just trying to get it striaght!

320d M Sport

thanks pal, think we need to obtain a real price for it, im all for buying stuf if its gonna work.

your decision, if you feel an extra 5bhp justifies buying the part, new gaskets and fitting it. if overall cost is about £250, thats probably not too bad, as the cost per 10bhp is usually about a grand after youve done the usual IK/zorst/chip