ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

More cups on here than std 172’s

Theyre multiplying. Especially with 182 "cups" claiming the name. I was gutted when the 182 came out in a similar colour to the cup, see them everywhere now.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Looking at the member list Cups are still in a minority.

No wonder really they seem to be a bit accident prone ;)

There are no cars in the list claiming to be a 182 Cup.

182, GTR, C63

Im alright with the lack of ABS but ill admit in bad conditions it would make things a lot less painless if i had it. You have to have a good feel on the brakes without it. OO i think i lifted an inside rear wheel yesterday and i only got it yesterday. I think without the conforts of the leather n air con i think it makes us cup drivers just wanna drive too fast. Cus lets face it wot does a cup do apart from go fast??

Quote: Originally posted by DoddCup on 16 May 2004

Cus lets face it wot does a cup do apart from go fast??

Break down, and sit in a renault workshop
;)

172 FF

I was thinking about a cup when I got mine. The colour is nice & so are the wheels, but I just couldnt do without all the extras. & they arent that much faster really.

TDI tyre shreader

Quote: Originally posted by timbo172cup on 16 May 2004

No ABS helps keep them fairly rare:)
Have never had the ABS kick in on mine, have had te ESP kick in though and that really pissed me off!!! Its like going out with the missus proper spoils your fun!!!

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

hehe

mine kicks in all the time, coz i have to drive thru lanes twice daily, i like the feeling under my foot, feels like ive pressed the brakes so hard that i can feel the metal on metal!

come to think of it,, thats not a very nice feeling!

Quote: Originally posted by 106GTi97 on 16 May 2004

I saw 3 cups in newcastle within 1 hour once. :S
...and I saw 3 cups on Thursday within 2 minutes on the A55 by Chester - and thats excluding the one I was in, making 4...WTF?

Clio 197

Quote: Originally posted by DoddCup on 16 May 2004

Im alright with the lack of ABS but ill admit in bad conditions it would make things a lot less painless if i had it.

So you are saying that ABS would make it more painful?

Interesting.

Ed