ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

More heater/ blower issues

Clio 182
Hi everyone, I have a 2004 Clio 182 and I know there are countless threads going on this but my problem seems a little bit different from what I could find. Most people seem to have the problem where their fan/blower/heater works on some settings like full power but mine is purely my climate control unit reading being fine so I can change all the settings but absolutely no air comes out on any settings what so ever.

I was driving along in the morning demisting as usual then I realised it went a bit quiet even though it was on full power so I fiddled with the dial with no luck.. the blower had completely stopped.. I got in the car again the following afternoon and they were working again but after this journey and a few days later they have not worked since.

I have checked the fuse on the passenger side interior and they are fine (I.e not blown as there is no visible wear/burn marks) I also checked under the wiper bay to have a look at the resistor pack with the 5 pins (But I am no mechanic so I just fiddled with a few wires here and there seeing if it was a loose connection :S)

I am told there is another fuse box worth checking under the bonnet for the fan which I have not got round to doing although I did read someone's had blown but fixing this fuse only gave them full power fan or nothing so do not have much hope with this method.

What would you guys do? This pay check was supposed to buy me some new tyres as they are getting pretty risky on the front and now it looks like I am going to have an awful skint month which does not help so near christmas! Espesh with a cold car with winter coming to!

Thanks for reading and hope I can get some (digestible) help! (again I am sorry if this is a similar post, I am just struggling to find specific info)

Will

Clio 182
Hello again, just drove home from my girlfriends and halfway through the journey: WHOOSHH all back on again and working :S very strange, any idea what this could be anyone? Would appreciate the help as misty mornings are becoming regular and it is becoming quite dangerous. Cheers.

Audi A5
good chance it's your resistor gone. if you remove the sctuttle panel under the bonnet your see it their with part of the heater box, if you remove it and check for burnt/damage. thats what i think it would be.

Clio 182
good chance it's your resistor gone. if you remove the sctuttle panel under the bonnet your see it their with part of the heater box, if you remove it and check for burnt/damage. thats what i think it would be.

Thanks for that, so remove the 5 pins and just have a look at it you reckon and see if I can find anything odd? Is it possible the blower would just randomly come back on though halfway through my journey if the resister is knackered however?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Yes that's possible, it's also possible to have a faulty blower motor, which someone has just made a superb guide for replacing.

You can see the guides if you become a full member.