ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

More new Powerflex Products!

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Well chuffed about these as I need new rack bushes!

You're receiving this newsletter because you are an existing customer. Not interested anymore? Unsubscribe.
Having trouble viewing this email? View it in your browser. Why not
Forward to a Friend ?
header.jpg
29 NOVEMBER 2013

fblike.png
tweet.png
arrow.jpg
[h=2]Renault Clio II[/h]
RenaultClio2Steeringrackandrearshockuppermount.124555.jpg

We have two new additions this week for the hugely popular Clio II.
As a performance, trackday and motorsport car the Clio is almost unbeatable. However with the hard use this car almost deserves comes the inevitable wear and tear.
Two problems have been brought to our attention that we have now solved.
The rear shock absorber top mounts have a nasty habit of failing causing knocking and allowing uncontrolled movement of the rear dampers. The PFR60-311 is a straightforward replacement to solve this. These are available in the Road and Black Series materials.
Front handling is now suffering with failures of the steering rack mounting bushes causing associated handling issues as well as steering knock. We have developed replacement mountings, PFF60-331, for the most common rack fitment which is made by SMI. This part has been made in the harder Black Series material as standard.
For Hi-Res images, please click here.
Don't forget to 'Like' our Facebook page for up to date product information and company news.

arrow.jpg
[h=2]Autosport International visitors[/h]
autosport.162628.png

As the planning is now in full swing forAutosport International next year, we wanted to remind you that once again Powerflex will be there on stand no. 7545.
If you have not visited before, this is one of the world's leading exhibitions for our industry.
If you are travelling from abroad we would like to welcome you and if you contact us and we will do our best to provide you with tickets free of charge.

arrow.jpg
[h=2]And finally[/h]
tesla-model-s.131105.jpg

Not content with revolutionising the automotive world, Tesla CEO and PayPal founder, Elon Musk is going to space.
In fact his space exploration company is older than Tesla
Watch this amazing test of a rocket launch. Wait for the end, because the launch isn't the clever bit.

Literally Just got this email. Thought you lot might be interested!

340i
Rack bushes:

Price Ex. VAT: £19.95
Price Inc. VAT: £23.94

Rear shock upper mount:
Price Ex. VAT: £23.05
Price Inc. VAT: £27.66

They are the black series bushes.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
How does the rear shock absorber bush go ?

Where are these located and how do you change them ?

ScreenShot2013-12-02at205346.gif

LY FF182
Do you get two rack bushes for £24 or like genuine items you have to buy two separately?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
How does the rear shock absorber bush go ?

Where are these located and how do you change them ?

goes as MWright said above.

To change just remove the top damper nut and jack the car up until the damper comes through the bottom of the body, change the under side bush it just slides on the same way the standard one is removed, and then lower the car and fit the top bush again the same way the old one is removed just slides on.

New dampers from Renault come with new bushes so if you have had recent dampers they will have already been changed, not sure how much these are uprated or just an alternitave to going to Renault to replace a worn part

Will there be an increase in road noise and vibrations with the poweflex steering mounts?

Just that I want to replace mine and for the price the powerflex ones seem better but I dont want an increase in road noise etc so would just go OEM if that was the case

Get the feeling nobody will really know until a few people have fitted them

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
what's the advantage of the rear shock ones?
is there a problem with the shocks moving around?

I once turned the bolts too tight on standard rear ones en the NVH was terrible, what did the cupracers use?

BG 182
It would be interesting to hear feedback from fitment of the steering rack bushes, both purple and black series.

ph2 172
I've ordered rack bushes a week ago from Kam racing, still haven't received my email saying they have been sent so I assume they haven't got stock of any yet.

Clio 182 FF
Has anyone tried out the black series power flex rear shock upper mounts?

I'm getting an ARB fitted soon and just want the rear end to be completed.

Renault Clio 172 cup
Has anyone tried out the black series power flex rear shock upper mounts?

I'm getting an ARB fitted soon and just want the rear end to be completed.

Just fitted a set of these last weekend, can't say there's a massive change at the moment, will probably not notice until I get out on track. All I would say is that it feels like I've adjusted the rear shocks to a slightly harder setting ( although I havent ), and there is absolutely no extra vibration coming from the back end ( this is something I was a little worried about as my car is stripped and half caged and any little extra vibrations do tend to transfer to the cage at certain revs ).

CLIO 182
Just fitted a set of these last weekend, can't say there's a massive change at the moment, will probably not notice until I get out on track. All I would say is that it feels like I've adjusted the rear shocks to a slightly harder setting ( although I havent ), and there is absolutely no extra vibration coming from the back end ( this is something I was a little worried about as my car is stripped and half caged and any little extra vibrations do tend to transfer to the cage at certain revs ).

nice need some of these. Shame you can't solid mount the rear like the fronts these black bushes should do nicely tho!!

where is best to buy? Direct?

Renault Clio 172 cup
There's a few places on e bay that sell them, you don't get much discounting with Powerflex though, they tend to be pretty much the same across the board with their distributors.