ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MORE POWER - Clio 200

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
If you've ever driven an elise, you'll know that of crucial importance to it's epic handling is the supple ride.

Good handling is about more than just stiffening everything up. Indeed if the 200 was any less compliant it would be too jittery for road use.
Who said anything about stiffening everything up?
Can't be arsed. You just carry on believing that the 200 is a no compromise, clean sheet, money no object setup that can't be beaten.

Clio 200 Black and White
I lol'd hard.

300 and 1080kg makes 280 bhp per tonne.

With R888's and less mass to constrain, cornering and braking would be similarly impressive.

Sounds like a recipe for some pretty serious performance to me :)

Clio 200 Black and White
Who said anything about stiffening everything up?
Can't be arsed. You just carry on believing that the 200 is a no compromise, clean sheet, money no object setup that can't be beaten.

My post was not directed at you - it was aimed at Waitey.

Of course the 200 is a compromise, my argument is merely that it's a pretty good compromise :)

V6 255
More power would cost far too much imo.

If I wanted to change my 200 for track, I'd change the wheels and tyres for lighter and stickier, strip it out and maybe contact quaiffe about a lsd, I know they do one for the 225 meg, maybe it fits or they can adapt/build one?

As mentioned, if I wanted a purely track toy, I'd get a .r, it would probably keep it's price better being a a rare car too (well they are at the mo)

Lotus Exige, 182

If I wanted to change my 200 for track, I'd change the wheels and tyres for lighter and stickier, strip it out and maybe contact quaiffe about a lsd, I know they do one for the 225 meg, maybe it fits or they can adapt/build one?

As mentioned, if I wanted a purely track toy, I'd get a .r, it would probably keep it's price better being a a rare car too (well they are at the mo)

I'm not convinced the OP is actually worried about the cost of it. From some of his other threads, I'm pretty sure he's not UK based and, for all we know, he might have unlimited resources to chuck at his 200. That being the case, you can solve pretty much anything by throwing enough money at it, so if he fancies paying for the supercharger, LSD and presumably various other parts which need uprating relating to it, why not?

Stagecoach Ticket

will always be a rare car mate most people who can afford one dnt really want one

all clio sport threads like this just become massive arguements so for that reason iam out

Clio 200 Black and White
Yeah, these threads have a tendancy to fade into tedious meaningless argument.

I was merely looking for a few insights into how I might get a bit more out of the 200.

I will wait to see how the supercharger works out, maybe that's for me. In the meantime I'll just enjoy the 200 as it is, no hardship :)

V6 255
I think it's only because plenty of people have tried on 197's and failed, so that's why you get this advice. Which company was it that blew 2 197 engines trying to super(or maybe turbo)charge them?

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
A 200 would defintaly handle better on v3s ive been a passenger In a 197 on v3s and it was so flat and fast through the bends, was amazing

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Just wack a itg panel filter in, fast road cams, remap and coilovers.

Get over to Clio197.net guy on there called red baron who has done loads to his 197 engine wise and there is about 100 videos of him racing other cars on a dual carrageway and he keeps with an e46 m3 in one of them, he's based abroad and all the cars are his mates driving.
He raced an s3 iirc and beats it in a rolling start!

He has a massive progress thread on there.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I'd start by changing pads to PF or Carbotec, brake later with better retardation.

Then contact one of the race teams & get suspension, camber, castor, alignment & corner weight, if need be, sorted.

It don't need any more power, just needs to be able to carry more corner speed, if you don't loose it on the way in you gain on the way out.

Clio 200 Black and White
Just wack a itg panel filter in, fast road cams, remap and coilovers.

Get over to Clio197.net guy on there called red baron who has done loads to his 197 engine wise and there is about 100 videos of him racing other cars on a dual carrageway and he keeps with an e46 m3 in one of them, he's based abroad and all the cars are his mates driving.
He raced an s3 iirc and beats it in a rolling start!

He has a massive progress thread on there.

sounds interesting, can you post the link? I had a search on there but couldn't find the thread.

E39 M5 & Corsa track
I've no experience of your setup, but by reputation I've heard they are optimistic.

Oh, seem to be pretty accurate with 172's making 165ish bhp, focus rs's doing 295-305bhp, st150's doing 145bhp.

and its a Maha Ram12 which actually calculates the transmission loss rather than guess it.

E39 M5 & Corsa track
nope was generalising as I'm curious to know and there are no results as of yet? No disrespect to yours

as mentioned on the 197 forum, we are running the car with very low boost for now so we can make sure the map is ok with no issues of engine lights or throttle failure etc. once we are happy that the basics are all sorted we will start doing some power runs and giving some power figures out, we wouldnt like to start guessing at what it does yet, be nice if it responds as well as the st-150 does but we cant say it will.

mark

320d
If it does respond as well as the st150 then i'm sure the kit will be hugely popular. It will be very interesting to see the results of this.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
We too expected less than the 16bhp from the remap and filter.

This is why we do not use the 16bhp gain graph on our website, the listing on our site states expected gains of 7-10 bhp.

As we have already stated, we did not expect a gain of the size on the 200. To think this is achievable on every 197 and 200 would be completely unrealistic.

David.

Turbo LY R27
Again, this is not about R26R Vs Clio 200, I'm just interested to see what the options are for the Clio.

Ibrench - you think the 200 would be faster on coilovers? I'm not convinced, why would that be?? I would trust renaultsport's chassis engineers slightly more than most tuners / coilover manufacturers...

Mate i have KW V3's on my R27....its a weapon! Made a huge difference!! I didnt buy them for lowering either it gets driven!!! Best mod you can do on the mk3's!!