ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Morette headlights for Valver

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

I have just got some twin headlamps for the car, but I dont really know what to do about the indicators.

I really want to use the indicator in the light nearest the grille, as discussed in Nick Reads thread some months back. Unfortunately, as I will have to use a motorbike bulb and bulb holder (because of space) if I do this the indicator will flash out of sequence with the rest on the car.

Using resistors was discussed, but if I can remember rightly, nobody knew what resistor to use.

What I am thinking of doing, and a friend of mine thinks it will work, is to by-pass the relay for the front indicators and use a motorbike on instead.

Would this work, or am I best off messing around with resistors instead?

Also, is it safe to drill through the lamp with a normal metal drill bit, or am I likely to damage the relective backing?

Cheers

James

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

Can you drill through from the front of the reflector? If so id just put some cellotape down first, front and back, should allow you to drill a clean hole. Let me know how the resistor thing goes if the relay is a no go as ill be doing the same in a month or so.

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

Dont know if I can get the glass off of the front of the lamp to be honest, Ill have to have a look. If I can Ill use masking tape, as the drill bit can slip on sellotape.

James