ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

morning trip to GDi (56k)

was out early this mornin @GDI with to pick up BRAD's valver.
thought id take some pics... oh and a little clip on the way back to london.

brad's valver with new engine

01627a9pg.jpg

02233a4ek.jpg

videoclip of the day below
http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~cadams/images/sanjay/video-0017.3gp

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
christ! gonna be weird not seein that lonely little clio in the corner of the workshop!

320d
I thought Brad had a automatic willy (no pun intended) in his RT aswell...?

The 182 looks very purposeful... love it!

Some nice asbestos there at GDI ;)

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
after long and hard work having fitted the williams engine it was found that the engine and gearbox electronics would never work together and the auto boxes that physically fitted would not take the power of the williams engine, so it might have lasted about 20 miles tops... (this info came directly from 1 of the 4 officical renault box rebuilders in the UK) Sad news becuase we put over 100 hrs into getting the conversion to work.... shame but you cant win them all. so we used an RSI engine instead. Which us substantiall quicker than the 1400 auto he used to own.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
asbestos

yup in abundance.... dont worry we checked it all out.... its only a problem if you cut it.... and to hell with that..... NO WAY!

BMW M3 - For Sale!
asbestos!?

just to add... i don't wanna open the car up yet until its run in properly so ive been drivin like a granny. but even though ive been drivin like a granny, all i can say is... oh my god!!!
its so fast even when i'm drivin it slowly! can't wait to open her up within the next week or 2 when shes run in!

although we've had a few problems with the conversion (no one has ever done it before), we got there in the end and gdi have done a brilliant job!

big thanks to gdi for all their hard work on the many different gearboxes and engines that have been used lol