ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mossy's Cars

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
What a stunning collection of cars, top work there chap........ defo worth a double thumbsup :up::up: haha did you have the V6 nearly new? That's really interesting you've had it 11 years, hopefully a keeper and not one to sell.

As for the 5 GT Turbo, any more photos? The mix of low's and wheels on an otherwise standard looking car looks great, just as i'd want one myself!

P.S. this LY is going to be a car to watch, great attention to detail :cool:

Thanks matey, yes had the vee from 1 year old :) hardly ever drive it tbh but when I do its awesome - the noise, the presence etc. Still feels like a new car to me. And yes the gt will be a great car when I finally get to finish it, lol. I will try and dig some photos out.

Thank you, much appreciated, it's on the to do list so am keeping my eye out for decent bodyshops and don't mind travelling to find one :up:

No what your saying mate.

Yeah I know what your saying there with the vee, it's the same for my 182, I don't use it very much so when I do, just makes it feel a bit more special as it's not out all the time

It's funny isn't it, how we can get out of the daily used car, get into another car and have it feel completely different!

I know it's not a comparison but when I get out of my Superb 170bhp, and get into the wives Alhambra, the 15bhp difference is awesome.... but it's the paddle shifting that does it for me, I'm driving a BUS and yet it feels like I'm driving a go kart 😂

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks matey.

You got that Trophy back yet?
No, not yet mate. There's still a few things to be done and bad luck has resulted in damaged parts that need replacing (due to an unfortunate water pipe bursting in the workshop where my car / parts are located). Hopefully it won't be too much longer though.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
No, not yet mate. There's still a few things to be done and bad luck has resulted in damaged parts that need replacing (due to an unfortunate water pipe bursting in the workshop where my car / parts are located). Hopefully it won't be too much longer though.

Yes fingers crossed for you buddy and hopefully see in Wales in the summer :)

Looks great. Nice to see someone correcting neglect.

Thanks matey :)

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
A couple of other bits bought:

New floor mats
image.jpeg

Late spec RS badges
image.jpeg

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Oh and got the Trophy back from the bodyshop and I am over the moon with the quality of work - can't recommend these chaps enough.

Mini GP2
Great progress and nice to see a LY 200 receiving some love. I may have missed it but are you planning to change the wheels ? Cup racers ?

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
So after a busy Xmas I thought I had do a bit of an update of my thread.

Firstly Trophy update - I got the car back from the bodyshop. Bought the car needing the rear drivers arch and door edges sorting but didn't know a decent bodyshop.
Here's a few photos:
BEFORE:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

AFTER:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Suoerb job done.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Can't believe you sold the AG Mossy but the LY looks awesome! One colour I'd like to own.

Great attention to detail!

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
So update on the wheels front.

Picked up a set of original black speedlines for a billy bargain price due to one having been curbed. Original plans were to buy another and replace said wheel but after having the tyre removed and a very close inspection it was more surface damage than anything else - step in mossy and his diy skills ;)

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Rub done
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Q bond metal applied - amazing stuff
image.jpeg

Rubbed down and filler applied
image.jpeg

Rubbed down and primed (repeated about 4 times)
image.jpeg

Paint applied
image.jpeg

Wheels dried (2 hours per wheel)
image.jpeg

Above worked repeated on all 4 wheels.

6 hours later and stand back and admire the work :)
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Also picked up a 197/200 cup spoiler from eBay - painted (not very well but that will get sorted) but never fitted :)
image.jpeg
image.jpeg