ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Most Annoying Thing About Your Clio...

RB 197 fatty
For me it has to be the trip computer.

when you flick through all the little options, you get to the not so helpfull 'how many miles left untill i run out of petrol' thingy.

as soon as the petrol light comes on, and it gets to somewhere near below 50 miles left... it goes blank!

Whats the point in that? surly you need it most when youv almost run out! you need to know if theres 2 miles left in it to get to the BP down the road......... not that you got 400 miles to go when you fill it up! useless!:mad:

- RANT OVER - :D

Scirocco GT 210
The rattles.

Never used to have any but old age and Britain's crappy roads have loosened it up :(

And it's too slow for me :dapprove:

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
Once i get into 3 figures and above on my private road the most annoying whining noise that comes from somewhere around the front dash and windscreen that i still havnt sorted yet!!Apart from thats its perfect

182cup & 172 racecar
Once i get into 3 figures and above on my private road the most annoying whining noise that comes from somewhere around the front dash and windscreen that i still havnt sorted yet!!Apart from thats its perfect
I had one of those,then I discovered it was the missus:quiet:

Megane Mk4
Might be the wipers in the wind or, the little cutout hole under the drivers door mirror, have a look ;) lol

How tall actually are you?.... your probs the only member that doesn't have it on the lowest setting.....

Mines on highest too :eek: lol
3rd person here too.. I have mine on the highest setting too, but I have the seat all the way back on the runners too, Like to be able to see the front of the bonnet and I find it the most comfy position to be in..

Thing I most hate about mine?
When the wife has it. It's a superb car and I've only had one minor problem with it since buying it new. (front xenon washer jet leaking)
Other than that, no rattles :D

I must have one of the better built clio's, either that or the fact I don't thrash it everywhere :approve:

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
seatbelt warning buzzer, i always wear the belt, but turning around in the cul de sac i live in , it gets on my t#ts lol

Megane Mk4
^^ we are lucky, on the megane it gets louder the longer you leave it, at least in the clio it stays the same volume ;)

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
i hate loosing my fingers when trying to change headlamp bulbs.

(im down to eight, lol) !

but i do like how easy it is to change the rears. --- turn the thingy and pull it off. hey presto.!

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
Fuel economy
leather coming off steering
high cost of wear and tare ie: £400-600 for cambelt
heavy clutch in standing traffic
AC with a mind of its own
auto lights
auto wipers
the constant feeling its gonna breack in to 5.6 billion bits..lol

Getting rid of it now!

Good luck selling it btw.:cool:

the facked that mine takes 4 ever 2 blow cold air out of the a.c after iv had the heating on 4 awhile. thinnk its f**ked. or is that normal.

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
Might be the wipers in the wind or, the little cutout hole under the drivers door mirror, have a look ;) lol

Yep pretty sure its the wipers,the noise stops when i use them to clean the windscreen.Might have to get some of those classic fusion wipers to see if that works!!

Last edited:
  Abarth Grande Punto
i hate loosing my fingers when trying to change headlamp bulbs.

(im down to eight, lol) !

but i do like how easy it is to change the rears. --- turn the thingy and pull it off. hey presto.!

Ive gotta second this one! Pure agony changing sidelight bulbs!

Other than that the car is all good! Yes it rattles but it wouldnt be french if it didnt rattle!

:rasp:

M

mij29

Auto wipers. Complete toss.

Went out on saturday night and it was throwing it down and the wipers would only do intermitant but when i pulled up say at traffic lights they went mad, as fast as they could go! Then when you pulled away they went back to intermitant.

The frogs eh.

FF 182
Mine would have to be when auto lights are on you cant flash people...
You touch the stalk then its POW!!! full beam, then you have to release the stalk and touch it again to turn it off..... Annoying....

good comment. i posted about this the other day to see if my cars ones were wrong. it is so annoying

FF Blackgold 182

I've got that whining noise too!! Really annoying. I understood it was something to do with the seal of the windscreen, but I might be wrong. Can't be arsed to sort it out as I only notice it on the track. ;) Other than that, it has to be the auto wipers and the turning circle! I've seen Aircraft Carriers turn easier than Clios! :mad:

172 cup
intermitant wiper clicking
squeking material on seat
leather on steering wheel
seat fabric wearing so soon
rattles
renault servicing

seating position
lack of composure on high speed curves
over sensitive accelerator pedal
gear change

M

mij29

seatbelt warning buzzer, i always wear the belt, but turning around in the cul de sac i live in , it gets on my t#ts lol

my 172 hasn't got a buzzer unless mines fooked.
I like it that way if so.