ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT Advisories

Clio
Hi Guys, looking for some advice!

As I've previously said on some of my other threads I'm pretty novice when it comes to cars - bought my first car in December last year and it's just had it's first MOT in my ownership. I'm happy to say it's passed, however I have a couple of advisories - I'm just wondering if anyone can help determine if they're jobs that should be done relatively soon cos of knock on effects or if I'm okay to leave them a little while.

Also if anyone could provide a couple of rough estimates and how big of a job they are I'd be very grateful! The advisories are;

001 - Anti-roll bar linkage rubber bush deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement nearside front.
002 - Macpherson strut has slight movement in the upper support bearing assembly nearside front.

Thanks for any advice guys - I'd much prefer to get these jobs done quickly but only if they're not going to cost me a fortune!

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Exactly as Typhoon has said.
Worth doing though as they'll slightly effect the handling of the car.

Roll bar bushes around £40 for all 4
Top mounts (upper support bearing assembly as they've put it) £30-£40 a side
Relatively easy to fit...or if you're a lazy sod like me, you're looking at an hours labour charge :up: