ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT Advisory 1.2.1(c) - Service brake requirements

geoffn

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Hello,

Has anyone had this one before on a 172 CUP and able to help please ?

Service brake requirements only just met. It would appear that the braking system requires adjustment or repair Rear (no reserve travel or lock up slightly low effort) (1.2.1 (c))"

Seems to be confusion if it is the handbrake or not. Also I wonder if the old rear compensator issue is a factor.

Pads & discs were changed 1,000 miles ago.

Many thanks.

Geoff.

geoffn

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
For anyone interested, the problem was the handbrake after all and not the "service brakes". Seems there isnt an appropriate
message that they can put down as an advisory ( which is what I had above ).

I had the handbrake adjusted and took the car to another MoT tester, who confirmed the above and passed the MoT.

Hope this helps.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Unless I’ve got the complete wrong end of the stick I don’t understand why it was classed as an advisory? There was a dvsa bulletin specifically for 172 cup brake efficiency.

IMG_4879.jpeg

geoffn

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Hello,

The advisory was about the "service brakes", the actual issue was the handbrake.

The tester said that with the handbrake, in an MoT test its either a pass or a fail - no middle ground or advisory notes issued.

All a bit misleading really.

Geoff.