ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT FAIL HELP PLEASE

clio 1.6 rxe failed on the following rough price on each part and total amount to fix and cheapest place to get them from would be great

Reason(s) for refusal to issue Certificate
Nearside Front split Windscreen wiper does not clear the windscreen effectively (8.2.2) - NOT AN ISSUE
Offside Front split Windscreen wiper does not clear the windscreen effectively (8.2.2) - NOT AN ISSUE
Offside Stop lamp not working (1.2.1b) - NOT AN ISSUE
Offside Front Track rod end ball joint has excessive play (2.2.B.1f)
Offside Inner Front Lower Suspension arm has excessive play in a pin/bush (2.4.G.3)
Nearside Front Lower Suspension arm has excessive play in a ball joint (2.4.G.3)
Nearside Outer Front Front constant velocity joint gaiter split (2.5.C.1a)
Offside Rear Lower Coil spring incomplete (2.4.C.1a)
Nearside Rear Upper Coil spring fractured (2.4.C.1a)
Advisory Notice issued
Rear wiper blade split - THE HOLE THING HAS SNAPPED OF NOW SO JUST LEFT WITH THE NUT THAT HOLD IT ON WHERE CAN I GET A NEW ONE FROM?
Abs ring on off side front drive shaft corroded and slightly loose

Jap Box
kiwk fit as my other place was fully booked and need it done asap why?

Take it somewhere else!

Heres a good reason to, they failed me on this excessive list

Reason(s) for refusal to issue Certificate
Rear middle and offside recievers not working Seat belt locking mechanism does not secure or release (5.2.5a)
Front both sides Windscreen wiper does not clear the windscreen effectively (8.2.2)
Rear Exhaust emissions carbon monoxide content after 2nd fast idle excessive (7.3.D.2b)
Rear Exhaust emissions hydrocarbon content after 2nd fast idle excessive (7.3.D.2b)
Rear Exhaust emissions Lambda reading after 2nd fast idle outside specified limits (7.3.D.2b)
Offside Rear Rear parking brake recording little or no effort (3.7.A.7a)
Parking brake efficiency below requirements (3.7.A.10) **DANGEROUS**
Advisory Notice issued
Nearside Front Windscreen has damage to an area less than a 40mm circle outside zone 'A' (8.3.1d)
Rear both sides flicker slightly with indicators Rear position lamp(s) slightly affected by the operation of another lamp (1.1.A.2d)
Front Sub-frame corroded but not seriously weakened (2.4.G.2)
Front Front brakes only just met the front brake imbalance requirements. It would appear that the braking system requires adjustment or repair. (3.7.A.2d)
Advise rear exhaust mount deteriorating
Advise filler/sealant to rear of both sills
Advise tyre sizes differ front rear fitted in axle pairs

Then took car to another garage a day later and heres the results, nothing on the car was changed:

Advisory Notice issued
Both Tyre worn close to the legal limit (4.1.E.1)
Nearside Front Lower Suspension arm has slight play in a pin/bush (2.4.G.3)

the four listed below i think do need changing as going over 40 my wheel shakes like mad

Offside Front Track rod end ball joint has excessive play (2.2.B.1f)
Offside Inner Front Lower Suspension arm has excessive play in a pin/bush (2.4.G.3)
Nearside Front Lower Suspension arm has excessive play in a ball joint (2.4.G.3)

Jap Box
Could well be, but id take it to another MOT garage first and get another test done to see what is actually a problem and what is just kwikfit adding onto your bill.

Oddly I asked them over the phone about my test and how the car passed showing none of their problems and they hd no explination for it, funniest being the advisory for different tyre sizes when each one was the same brand tyre.

Fair enough they were right on the sills needing filler + sealant because now their riddled with rust, the rest of the list was utter nonsense though.

i will link the following can u tell me if ive got the right parts

Offside Front Track rod end ball joint has excessive play (2.2.B.1f) - - -
http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/R...36a9167f0c12b8ae391ae16e7ba3d08e9178e930&TRODOffside Inner Front Lower Suspension arm has excessive play in a pin/bush (2.4.G.3) ---- http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/R...4f42c7802051d3ccdbfc8d50fde07b5233e146b8&SUAR
Nearside Front Lower Suspension arm has excessive play in a ball joint (2.4.G.3) same as offise?

Lionel Richie
i might get Sam to take his trophy over the road to kwikfit for brake pads, see how many sets of unipart s**t pads we can get through, in a month

Mk5 golf gti
its about £50-100 worth of parts

i used to use kwik fit for mot

but this year they said my vcoil spring was snapped expecting me to get them to replace it

i did it myself but found all the springs were in new condition

when i took the old ones in to show them, they called me a liar and i took the springs from elsewhere

i would fix anything obvious that is a fail then get a re mot somewhere else

Evo 8 MR
i might get Sam to take his trophy over the road to kwikfit for brake pads, see how many sets of unipart s**t pads we can get through, in a month

I wonder how many replacements you would get before they tell you to fuckoff lol.