ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drivers side new driveshaft cant get wheel hub back help

Nicolasticity

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172+MG+SAAB++
Undid the lower ball joint from the wishbone changed the driveshaft - could'nt get the ball joint back - put a bar on the wishbone but the nut stopped the lower ball joint going back onto the bolts.

Checked driveshaft its the same length so undid the two bolts on suspension arm and then fitted the lower ball joint OK. Now cant join it all up as suspension arm is 2 inches below location. Bar on wishbone wont pull it down enough.

Checked Youtube and no one has the problem - lower ball joint comes off goes on.

Do I really need a coil spring compressor to join it up - am I doing something really daft - or am I too weedy?

Attachments

• IMG_0521.jpg
    IMG_0521.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0520.jpg
    IMG_0520.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 52

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
So when you couldn't get the lower ball joint in was it even close to fitting?

Nicolasticity

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172+MG+SAAB++
Yes very close but the wishbone caught on the nut holding the ball joint to hub - about 5mm away - thats why I took it off to undo the suspension arm. Its like forcing me to clamp up the springs to get the fixing higher which I dont see the folks on Youtube or guides here having to do.

Perplexed

Nicolasticity

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172+MG+SAAB++
Sorry folks not only is this in the wrong section but my COVID fuzzed brain (from Nov20) took 3 hrs to realise car was jacked up on offside and leaning on nearside wheel which although looked free as car was high the road camber locked the antiroll bar and the offside wishbone wouldn't move - 3 min to jack nearside 2 mins to fit the suspension arm bolts and nuts - happy daze.