ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT FAIL!!!!

Clio Sport 172
Measured my discs up today and they were at 22.3 mm both sides, so within the limit..Anyway, bought new discs and pads and fitted them earlier, pads were worn..

Took the calipers off and the cradles and cleaned everything, I had a problem getting the inner pad out of the drivers side caliper, had to give it a good couple of wacks with the hammer to get it out, might of been the problem, dont know!!!!
Pistons went back in fine and very smooth, using a G clamp, and they came back out very smooth when I pushed the brake pedal, I could see the drivers side caliper operating when I pressed the pedal but had my mate to press the pedal when I checked the operation of the passenger side, and as I was right down in front of the caliper, while he was pressing the pedal and the piston come out, I could hear a sort of air noise as it was coming out, but nothing when not operated, dont know if its ment to do that?couldnt tell on the drivers side because I was pressing the pedal, car not started when this was done, just igniton on....

Sliders, cleaned and greased with copper grease, and very smooth operation now....

When they done the brake test in the MOT, I noticed that the drivers side gauge went up to about 12o clock, and the passenger side gauge went up to about 9o clock, does that mean the passenger side is at fault??