ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT friendly petrol...

FOR SALE: '97 Clio 1.4 RT
just a question about how much petrol affects ur emissions when it comes to MOTs... Certain petrols brag about higher performance, and others about being cleaner...and others both.

Question is, which petrol would be the most MOT-friendly, and does it even make that much of a difference.

I'm running a 1.4 "energy" engine from 1997, so it shudnt really be bad, but... its idle curiosity :)

Educate me! :approve:

-Akira

Beetle
dont just go and put a tenners worth in on the morning of the m.o.t., if you're gona do it do it a few days previous so it has time to work its way through the engine thoroughly

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
Make sure you take it a blast round when you take in. Don't start it from cold and go straight round. If still no luck then new spark plugs can help. At least that's what the MOT guy told me when my Fiesta failed it's emissions many moons ago.

Skoda Fabia vRS
personally, Optimax........though i use it all the time

and as above, the car needs to be well hot going in for the MOT, go for a proper drive before hand, at least 15 minutes or more