ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT hilarity

t3 corolla 116bhp
took the dci for its first MOT over in mainland UK, which led to much confusion at the test centre :)

Tester: Is this a northern ireland vehicle?
Me: Yes
Tester: What year is it? I cant tell from the plates
Me: 2002.

(he goes awayfor a bit the comes back)

Tester: I'm just creating a new entry for it on the computer, but i cant find a diesel renaultsport on the dropdown menu, just a petrol one.

Me (post laughing): its not a sport
Tester: O rite ( very confused at this point), so what is it.

Me: dci 65 dynamique 1.5
Tester: Right... I had just put it in as 80 bhp dci
Me: Why's that?
Tester: Just looked like one of them i'd seen before (wtf?) never mind. i'll be back shortly

i laughed a while at that.........

thanks to the lads at birchdown today for the advice on the phone regarding the immobiliser light that wouldnt go off, and the failed emissions test 1st time round

"drive the car like you stole it" was steve's advice :) "that'll clean out the injectors 99% of the time"

passed 2nd time round thankfully so a good day all in all.

J

t3 corolla 116bhp
it was a bit of a weird converstaion tbh which sort of left me thinkin "what just happened there?"

Clio Dyn 1.2
Easy mistake to make tbh?

The amount of cars that will pass throught the MOT centre, i can imagine it gets very confusing which car is which spec? Dont think he deserves to be called a monkey tbh. all in my opinion of course

cliosev

t3 corolla 116bhp
not saying he was a monkey and i'm sure he wasnt quite sure what model mine was since its got so many bits from different trim levels. but it did amuse me nonetheless