ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT issue - Brake Servo - Legal Advice!!!

Clio 182 & VX220
:mad:

My girlfriend took the Clio 182 in for an MOT yesterday. It failed on the exhaust, a crack on the centre section - another post for that. She left it with them whilst she went to work.

When she went to pick it up they informed her that the brake servo had gone, and we had no brakes. it was fine when we took it in.

she has called the RAC and the guy said off the record that the brake servo hose has completely melted. he said it is extremely rare and has no idea how it could have happened, but indicated that someone ragging it could have caused the damage.

The RAC guy wouldnt take the car as there is now a dispute that the problem happend whilst in the care of the MOT company. we are stuck without this car and no choice but to argue with the company.

Has anyone else heard of an issue like this?

How the hell do I approach this as it clearly has gone whilst in their care??

well pissed off :mad:

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
not got a leg to stand on unless u have a witness saying they had seen them doing it...

always stay with your car when u can

ITB'd MK1
did they do any work to it, or just the MOT? the servo pipe is quite far away from the exhaust manifold, or any other heat source. I would say that it's not a very hard fix

Clio 182 & VX220
I don't think I have got a leg to stand on TBH. I am not too happy with the GF leaving the car with them, thats women for you.

They have agreed to do a temp repair so we can get the car to a local mechanics.