ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT Problem!.....Help!

Clio Mk1 172
My 172 failed its MOT yesterday...front drivers side alloy is slightly buckled!!

Renault want 156 quid for a new one and cant find any second hand ones

Can i just put a normal wheel (not alloy) on just for the mot and then put the alloy back on or will i need to get a new alloy for it 2 pass??

Da

Less
no idea on th MOT issue mate, but I got a brand spanking spare 172 alloy from eBay for £50 delivered! Yours a Mk1 or Mk2?

Here ya go pal Mk2

Last edited:
You can, swap all teh wheels, but i sure as hell wouldn't wanna be drivnig out on a buckleed alloy, you must have hit somethign with some force to buckle it

Clio Mk1 172
I aint got a spare....got tyre foam instead coz my spare was buggered!

Its only the rim of the wheel that is buckled and theres no vibration coming from it when im driving

Can i just swop the damaged one for a normal wheel or will i have to change them all?

It failed for a reason, just get it fixed or replaced. Theres enough dangerous cars on the road as it is.

What do you want people to say?

Clio Mk1 172
My retest is on monday and the bloke whos fixing it for me is on hols until next thurs

Just wanted to get it thro the test until i can get it sorted

Mégane RS
how would you be able to tell if the wheel was buckled unless it was deformed in shape badly