ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT problem

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Yet again iv done things last minute, Dvla wanted Renault to confirm my engine CC and engine number i just sent them today, but problem is, my MOT expires today(late pm)

so can i still take my care for a MOT if i give them the correct emmision's on a piece of paper?,

If not..

Im fucked :dead:

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Should have made it clearer.

iv done a conversion 1.2 > 2L, V5 is on its way to dvla, but since my MOt is expiring today could i still mot it?

i know the emmisions wont be right, but if i tell the Mot centre my situation, and have the correct emission's that the engine should be producing(min-max) then they could do that on the computer, saves me having to wait for the V5 back.

S&K

182 cup + Elise
You don't need to take your V5 for an MOT, just tell the tester the situation and you'll be fine

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
^ how do they get right emissions figure's then ?

I know i dont need my V5 for Mot, but, when DVLA update the V5 any garage that types my reg will come up as a 1998cc and not 1149cc.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Cro, i know that, its just for emissions.. or do they go still on 1.2 ones

how would they get the emission figure's though, :S

S&K

182 cup + Elise
Like I said, just explain it to the tester and you will be fine, which garage are you taking it to ?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Taking it to a small garage i use for tyres etc, they have a pit as my car is lowered so its easier for them to check it,

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
all cars from march 2002 are testedfor emmission in the same way, doesnt matter about engine size.

Cro

Meg'd r27
I think theres a guideline that all cars need to be between regardless of engine size. The co2 emmissions on the v5 is what they use for the tax band. I presume of course, but either way nothing will be said if you say nothing and just let them test